Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:06:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| | |-+  CALL BACK PEN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CALL BACK PEN  (Read 5707 times)
britt hunter
« on: July 24, 2004, 02:22:17 PM »

I have 20 bobwhites that are 7 weeks old and looking forward to using to train my dogs on I have got a call back pen how long do I leave them in there before turning them lose? how many do I leave in the call back pen? When is the best time of year to train the birds to come back to the pen? could I start this training for the birds today? Sorry for all the questions I just dont want to turn them lose and never see them agian.
Palm Valley Quail
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 08:12:26 PM »

Well Britt those are all good questions and I think I could probably answer them for you but I think the best thing I could do for you is direct you to a (yeah, I know this will probably sound like an advertisement but I bought this video and I now swear by it) site that sells a video that will show you exactly what to do and when to do it. Dale Davis is the guy who made the video and he has a huge release program. I on the other hand am raising 45 quail using his program and since my quail were 5 weeks old I've been releasing them, they are now about 11 weeks old and at last count I still have 45 which is pretty amazing. I usually release about half of them in the morning and when I get home after work their all back in the cage ready for me to let them out again. I'm also going to be training a dog (lab)and that's why I bought the video but I don't get the pup till the end of the year so for now I've been sending my rottie out back to chase them around and smarten them up a bit about dogs and other predators. But I'll give you the link so you can check it out.

http://www.quailprogramvideo.com/
cmgamebirdman
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 03:54:03 PM »

There is a new system out there that has been working really well to keep your covey close to home. It has a covey base that feeds and waters them and a automatic recall recording that is operated by photo cell that calls your birds back to the camp, which keeps you from having to put a real recall bird out there, which attracts predators. The recall recording goes off periodically throughout the day and goes off at night to call them back to base and safety.
It is also great for hunting preserves that want to call back birds that have been lost due to missed shots. It will recover those missed shots back to use another day! WOW!!! It is awesome and developed by the nations leading gamebird biologist. Soon we will have them for sale on our site so please check back often!

CM Game BIrd Farm & Hatchery
www.game-birds.net
cmgf@bellsouth.net
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »