Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Dewormer for quail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dewormer for quail  (Read 51456 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 04:37:02 PM »

Have to "make" them interested.
Same here. Cows, Horses etc.

Bird ? What's a bird ?

:laugh:
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 04:50:55 PM »

I have carried a full grown peacock up to them and they say sorry but you will have to leave we dont take birds. So how you "make" them interested? Throw a hundred on the desk and ask for a table? lol
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 04:58:14 PM »

Not much you can do in a case like that !

I've been lucky in getting them interested in my birds. Tell them what species I have & give some info on sites to learn more.

Male Vets seem to care less. Look for the female Vets.
They have more resourses than we do. (schools etc)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 04:59:27 PM »

This topic should have a sticky. (please)

Who ya asking for the sticky??

Steve
Pheasant Hollow farm

The administrator.

And thanks for the chart!

Chuck,

No problem.

Steve,
 I am receiving some melansitic mutants from Mcmurray this week. How are they on pecking each other and their temperment with other chicks their same age ( ringnecks and bantams)?

They act the same as the Ring-necked Pheasant. If you have Ring-necked Pheasant & Melanistic chicks together at the same age, they will do fine together. Just make sure that at five weeks to peep them to avoid the pecking.

I have no idea how they will react with bantams.. I have never had them together. I have hatched out Rn chicks and Mel chick along with Rhode Island Red chicks at the same time and didn't have a problem at all with them in the brooder for the first 5 weeks. Once They were moved, I gave the Rhode Island Red chicks to my neighbor. They were his eggs.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Who ya asking for the sticky??

Only Larry (forum owner) can do this. I'd like to see this info saved. Many people ask & we have to go through it nearly every year.
Plus up-dates can be made. The U.S. and Canadian Gov. are always changing laws about what can be purchased. Some stuff can be purchased one place & not another.

I used to use Tramasol (sp?) it is/was a pig wormer. I can no longer buy it up here.

I have to go through my books again & see if the drugs named can even be purchased up here still.

Last time I spoke with a Vet (this past spring) nearly all the ones I named I couldn't get.

Very good topic, much good info. Also something many(new people) never think about, and something that has to be done all the time.

In other forums that I visit, the member can post the stickys. Maybe Larry can change this feature.
Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 05:02:53 PM »

Thanks Steve. I also peep all my birds at 6 weeks old. Even the chicken roosters lol! Makes them a little nicer to the hens. Also they look like they are wearing shades which makes the kids chuckle.
Dusty
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »

Thanks Steve. I also peep all my birds at 6 weeks old. Even the chicken roosters lol! Makes them a little nicer to the hens. Also they look like they are wearing shades which makes the kids chuckle.
Dusty

Thats cool, when they get older, you might want to go to the hoods. At the age of 5-6 weeks the peepers will restrict their view. As they mature, they can see off to the side of them. I have 90% of my birds on hood. They can only see below them. They do not have a problem finding the hens either.

This is what the hood looks like.
couresty of cutler supply.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
dmcp1952

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2008, 10:42:14 AM »

Jeffers has a premix with ivomec in it. Will ivomec kill the capillary worms and gape worms in quail?
Thanks
Dave
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2008, 11:13:13 AM »

I didn't re-read it all, but may have the info you look for ? If not, ask more....

http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5689&highlight=worming
greyghost
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »

Are we confused yet?  Fleming Labs makes a product called  Wazine 17, I use it  1 oz to 1 gallon water could not be easier.  How do you like them apple's? Ghost.
Pine Grove

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2009, 09:06:31 PM »

Are we confused yet?  Fleming Labs makes a product called  Wazine 17, I use it  1 oz to 1 gallon water could not be easier.  How do you like them apple's? Ghost.

Very easy, But not very effective..Piperazine only kills adult roundworms..It does nothing for the Roundworm Larvae(which does alot of damage in the migrating stage)Cecal,Gape,Capillaria,Gizzard or Crop worms, With Tramisole/levamisole off the market now I find for me anyways that feeding safeguard pellets/crumbles is the most effective of the broad spectrums..the others don't mix with water very well..And I dont like wondering if they are getting the correct dosage...
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2009, 09:21:10 AM »

First time reading about the pellet type stuff was yesterday !

At this site: http://peafowlareus.com/worming.asp
chukarboy

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »

Reeves,

I like the name of the (Rooster Booster) stuff,  would you use this stuff? I thought you were of the mind set where mediated feeds hampered your birds own immunities or ability to build residence to diseases?

Medicated feed link:

http://www.roosterboosterproducts.com/product/50101
dmcp1952

« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 09:04:52 PM »

Pinegrove
Just wondering if you have a source for safeguard crumbles? I have been using safeguard premix for hogs I mix it with the quail crumble feed and it seems like the quail scratch quite a bit of it out of the feeders.
Thanks
Dave
lamike
Expert Member

Personal Text

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »

Ok I can't help myself so sorry everybody. i3 c29
Yes I'm confused.
As far as the apples ghost I haven't had time to try that yet but will let you know. s020
What I do know is to trust what you know listen to what you here and live with what you learned.

Now will any of these recipes for worming kill waterfowl ?

By the way I don't know what a sticky is but this really is a topic that should be saved.

If it aint broke don't try to fix it
cpurg

« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2010, 10:47:16 PM »

We do all of our worming thru the feed.
It works great and it the most economical.
 chuck
ozark wings
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »