Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Hi from Tennessee
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from Tennessee  (Read 4386 times)
smallfarmTN.

Personal Text

« on: July 20, 2010, 05:37:47 PM »

s144   Hi folks, I'm not only new here, but I'm completely new to raising Quail. My wife bought me a few out of nowhere, because I have about a dozen chickens and a couple of Turkeys.
I love these little birds and decided to raise them, so I hope you don't mind if I pick your brains for all the knowledge on this site, which I'm sure is considerable. Thanks.
russ

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »

Welcome from southern Indiana. when I started raising bobs this spring i found this website and let me tell you it is a treasure. the people are awesome very helpful. let me warn you though..RESEARCH before you ask, some of the elders get a little cranky answering the same questions all the time...lol   but honestly i learned more on this forum than any book could teach. i did homework on this site for 12 hours before posting my first question.you will enjoy raising quail they are so fun they sound cool and are beautiful birds, and if you tie your own flies you are in business for feathers.. I think my e-mail is on the profile, would love to help you any way i can feel free to contact. Have a great day....Russ s016
smallfarmTN.

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:13:11 PM »

Hi Russ,
Thank you for the advise and reply...Steve
jcbdc

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 10:55:06 PM »

Hi, I am also from TN  just a little southwest of Knoxville.  Training GSP and getting ready for dove, quail and grouse.
jcbdc
smallfarmTN.

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 06:48:20 PM »

Hi there JCBDC,
Thanks for the howdy. I'm in Bradley County.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »

s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 09:32:43 AM »

RESEARCH before you ask, some of the elders get a little cranky answering the same questions all the time...lol

:angel:

s020
smallfarmTN.

Personal Text

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 01:18:29 PM »

"Research before asking a question".
I thought about this statement for a while. Wouldn't this be the place to do most of your research on Quail, seeing how it's "THE QUAIL PLACE"..lol. Or do the "Elders" want you to have a degree in Bird Biology from Cornell University before you can ask a question?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 01:20:03 PM by smallfarmTN. » Logged
russ

Personal Text

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 10:41:20 PM »

Always research first. The "elders" get a little crancky for asking the same question...lol
Kindle

Personal Text

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 10:42:24 PM »

Hi Tenn,

s144   My name is Kindle and I am new to raising quail too.  I've joined this web site in hopes to find someone who can help me with a little problem I'm having with my covey.  I was given about 24 male and female about two months ago and now I'm loosing birds.  I think it's from the heat, even though I have a fan on them and they are in a covered coop.  They have fresh water and plenty of game chow along with greens from my garden.  The heat index has been over 105 for about two weeks.  We are all cooking around here.  Has anyone had anything like this happen to them?  s85
russ

Personal Text

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 07:09:25 PM »

Hi Tennessee, it's hotter than H##l here in south IN. my birds have been doin fine, however rite or wrong I've been adding electrolytes to the water once a day, thinkin it might act like gatorade for them, seems to be working, of coarse they 've been eating alot of watermelon as well, we grow em best in southern IN. as long as you keep fresh cool water to them as often as possible shouldnt be any problem, you have them a breeze with the fan so unless overcrowded, not sure why ur losing them, hope this helps....Russ s016
russ

Personal Text

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2010, 07:17:05 PM »

ss1  Also you need to have grit when feeding greens, forgot to add that...oops
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »