Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:11:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  GQF #0472 Radient Brooder heater
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GQF #0472 Radient Brooder heater  (Read 5105 times)
joe sangster

« on: June 11, 2008, 07:00:19 PM »

I purchased & used a GQF # 0472 radiant brooder heater last yr without problem . In preparation for an upcoming hatch , I checked the heater & it is no longer working.  The heating element is toasted apparently .  I called GQF in Savannah , Ga 7 was informed that they no longer make the heater & have no replacement parts ! I was just a bit POed but they offered no help at all.  Has anyone else had the same problem or have any suggested solutions  Thanks in advance.   Joe Sangster
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:02:55 AM »

Try Grainger.  You'll need all the specs. you can manage.  One problem with GQF is the people there are not alwaysexperienced, and often rushed.  If they can't just type in info and find a part number, they give up.  I've heard of similar problems with them, but have always managed to get what I've needed (through perseverance and bull-headedness).

There are bound to be substatutes, the main concern is the wattage, and getting the thing to fit.  Look for similar heaters from other manufacturers, I've seen them, somewhere.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:07:46 AM »

Joe, get ahold of YOTE1 he had a simular problem lately and had a company make him some elements for his brooders...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »