Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:06:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Before Incubation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Before Incubation  (Read 26560 times)
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2007, 04:10:23 PM »

You can also try putting your eggs in a box first, then in the fridge. It may help lower the temp for the eggs.
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2007, 04:34:08 PM »

I keep my house at 70 degrees and store my eggs inside the house in egg racks that go into my sportsmans incubator and put them in the incubator every Friday. I have always had consistent hatches and a high hatch rate from this. Seems the more steps and the more complicated I make it, fewer eggs hatch.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 09:27:01 AM »

Dusty, the info I posted about storage is from the foremost breeders in the world, from many years of experience & experimentation.

Although some may "get away" with doing less than recommended, I will always suggest to people learning the trade to work towards using tried & true methods.
zipper

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 05:40:31 PM »

I am certainly no authority on hatching and/or storing eggs but here is what I do. I bought a wine cooler/refrigerator at Home Depot for around 100 dollars. Supposedly, the correct temperature for keeping wine is 45-60 degrees. This wine fridge is adjustable from about 45-70 degrees. I have kept and hatched BW quail eggs that were 14 days old. This wine fridge is small about 20" wide x 10" tall and 18" deep. It has a glass front to view what is inside. May not be an answer for everyone but it works for me.

P.S. sometimes these can be found at HD on sale for 79 dollars......
gendwk

Personal Text

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 05:26:26 PM »

Someone on this forum sait "to store eggs in plastic baggs"  !   wont that rob the eggs of oxygen ???
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »