Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:49:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  September Dog Training
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: September Dog Training  (Read 4036 times)
AA Plantation
« on: August 21, 2007, 04:52:44 PM »

I can't wait for the middle of September when it cools off enough to turn some dogs loose.
My crop this year is
2 all-age field trial derbies out of AA Trap and AA Skeet.
last year they learned to hunt and hold point some.
This year they will be steady to wing and shot and learn to run from horse-back.
3 Gun dogs out of the same breeding, they got to do it all last year. this season we will work on steadiness, backing, retrieving, and handling.
I can't wait for some dogs to return to the kennels. they have had the summer off at home and should return at the end of Sept. for a tune-up  and allot of hunting this season.
sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 08:19:56 PM »

that is just awesome.... dogs look great. but we never stop training have to many tests in september and we guide on a preserve which starts in september so we have to be on our game come september.usually we are running navhda in sept and Oct for utility tests.we usually give them a break in the late spring to early august.we have gsp's which are more like my kids and best friends then anything.but we can't wait we have hunts booked already and are ready to go.good luck with your dogs this season and happy hunting.....

Lenny
Sugar Run Gamebirds

Tennessee red,Mexican speckled, and bobwhite quail,chukar,ringneck pheasants

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
maplesummitgamebirds

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 03:29:54 PM »

Nice looking dog there. I have had the GSP out a few times on the cooler days this summer, just to keep her in the game. I can't wait for the season to open up here in PA in October.

Mongolian & Blue Back Pheasants, Quail, Chucker
sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 05:42:27 PM »

maple where are you in pa?we are in swpa just south of pittsburgh.we have a camp up north in seigel pa.right by cooks forrest.are you close to that?

Tennessee red,Mexican speckled, and bobwhite quail,chukar,ringneck pheasants

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
maplesummitgamebirds

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 08:55:52 PM »

No I'm more east. I'm in Sullivan County just north of Williamsport. I went to Slippery Rock for a year so I know my way around your neck of the woods. Well I guess I should say I was enrolled at Slippery Rock, I didn't actually go to too many classes. Fun times though.

Mongolian & Blue Back Pheasants, Quail, Chucker
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »