Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Marsh Hyrometer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marsh Hyrometer  (Read 3453 times)
Finchlake
« on: October 30, 2004, 09:48:22 PM »

I been reading the threads on how important it is control humidity in the incubator, so i ordered the Marsh Hyrometer. I got it in the mail today. On of the thermometers has some of the red stuff stuck at the top of the thermometer. I been trying to shake it back down but it want go. It causes that thermometer to read about 12 degrees low.

Any ideas on how get get the red stuff back together in the thermometer bulb?

Do you think it's bad? Should I retrun it ?
muttsburg
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2004, 11:09:14 PM »

I had that with one of mine also when it arrived. I also had it happen with a regular thermometer that I bought at the drug store. They sometimes seep to the wrong end while laying flat in storage but mostly during shipment. Mine had large and small sections of red the full length of the shaft.

It took a lot of sharp shaking to work it all back down to the bulb end and you do have to make sure it all goes back down but it can be done with patience.
Finchlake
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2004, 11:24:09 PM »

Ok, thanks, I'll keep shaking it. It's a nice little unit. I'm looking forward to using it.
muttsburg
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2004, 01:43:22 AM »

I like mine a lot. Once you get used to it it's easy to use.
Finchlake
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2004, 02:30:10 AM »

Ok, it's about 2:23 AM here and I finally got it all work down into the bulb end. Now I get to put it in the incubator and see what my humiduity really is.

I don't have any eggs going at the moment, so I can play around with the humidity without messing anything up.

Thanks, for the reply. You saved me a lot of trouble. I had already given up on it. All's well now

Thanks
muttsburg
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 08:18:14 PM »

Your very welcome.
 Congrads !! Your a tough one for sure. I know it isn't easy and the first time I tried a short cut. I tied a string to it and tried to spin it, didn't check my clearance, well, after I bought a new one life got better. It was funny but the replacement had the same problem. Guess they were in the same batch that got shook up. I figured there was somebody out there who's job it was to make sure they got shook up really good  :wink:
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »