Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Tennessee
| | | |-+  Tennessee Regulations
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tennessee Regulations  (Read 11402 times)
snickerz27
« on: October 02, 2007, 07:32:49 AM »

I have tried searching TWRA's website and I couldn't find anything about raising gamebirds. I want to start raising quail but I want to make sure I don't need a permit or anything. Does anyone know or know where I can look?
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 09:13:42 AM »

Do you have a local Department of Natural Resources, Wildlife, or whatever?  That's where I'd go. If you don't know where one is at, the state website should be able to direct you to where the closest one is. I don't think that most states have that information on the web, and if they do, it is sometimes difficult to find. Ohio is online, and it just gives you a general overview, yet still doesn't have all the details, it basically tells you that it's illegal to have them without a permit. I still had to go to the State Wildlife department in order to obtain a permit and to get details.

I would assume that the species of bird will determine whether you need a permit or not. You may have already looked at this, but it may give you an idea of what to somewhat expect:

http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=2942.0

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 09:22:53 AM »

I have tried searching TWRA's website and I couldn't find anything about raising gamebirds. I want to start raising quail but I want to make sure I don't need a permit or anything. Does anyone know or know where I can look?

Go to this link. I don't have the time to search through the whole thing.

http://michie.lexisnexis.com/tennessee/lpext.dll/tncode/254cb?fn=document-frame.htm&f=templates&2.0#

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »