Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:16:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Timing your egg shipments with the post office
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Timing your egg shipments with the post office  (Read 4124 times)
coveyrun
« on: April 29, 2004, 09:37:47 AM »

I have seen that many people say they only ship eggs on monday or tuesday.
I spoke with my post office a couple of times and they told me that it is safe to ship any day as long as the eggs don't arrive at the destination post office on a saturday after deliveries have been made.
In other words it should be very safe to ship on a friday if you know it will take 3 days to arrive at the destination. The eggs would be delivered on monday.
Does anyone care to comment on this?
Don McGowan
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 06:52:41 AM »

I would say your post office would be right during the spring and fall when the weather is nice.  But  from a truck drivers point of view  those trailers get mighty warm in the summer months. If that trailer arrives at the post office Saturday afternoon when do you think they will open it??  Most likely Monday morning. your poor eggs will be sitting in that trailer for about 36 hours getting hot with who knows what seting on them.   Example Derk1 lives 1.5 hours north of Cincinnati, I live one hour south of there.  about a 3 hour drive farm to farm. Why does it take 2 day to get a package here??? those eggs are setting somewhere most likely in a hot or cold trailer backed to a door at the post office. Don't get me wrong my post office usually does a great job handling the eggs. but I think Monday and Tuesday would give them less chance of sitting.

Just my point of view form the truck driving world, and the egg hatching world.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »