Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 04:32:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  looking for Tennessee Reds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: looking for Tennessee Reds  (Read 7858 times)
chewchew
Expert Member

« on: January 30, 2008, 03:35:06 PM »

Looking Tennessee Reds. Either as adult breeders, and or eggs/day olds for in the spring.
thanks
sam

My Mom Is Going To Kill Me.. lol
finnegan

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »

Sam check out  www.emeraldisleaviary.com go to the store you will find Tennessee red eggs on there Jim
sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 04:57:53 PM »

looked at the link finnegan didn't see any red eggs just a breeding pair for 20.00 j44

but we are now looking for red eggs also. but we are looking for anyone who has them now. the demand for reds is going through the roof. being they can shoot these birds all year long people are asking for the reds.

Lenny
Sugar Run Gamebirds

Tennessee red,Mexican speckled, and bobwhite quail,chukar,ringneck pheasants

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 05:23:53 PM »

Lenny,
i was told of this place for eggs/chicks in the spring if interested. They are from Alabama. Her name is Jennie Moore, the phone number is 334-683-8039. i was told it is a very nice place to buy from. call her and leave a message to call you back for pricing. let me know what she says. i called her yesterday and i have not heard form her let. i don't think she will be ready to ship till it get a little warmer.  p33
hope this helps,
Sammy

brentsquailfarm

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 05:30:43 PM »

Hey guys check this guy out for some Tenn. Reds. http://corneycreekquail.com/   j41

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »

Sammy

i talked to jennie just now and she won't have any eggs until april or may. so no good on that one.but i have another guys email who shipped me reds last month.had a 90% hatch rate on his eggs. so we have a call in to him to get more.i will ask him if he has extras for you.we will have 800 chick in the end of march to beginning of april.depending on how many you want i could sell you a few of those. we are planning on having around 2500 to 3000 tennessee reds this year.plus our northerns and georgia giants.just let me know and we can work something out.

Lenny
Sugar Run Gamebirds

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:54 PM »

Lenny,

I would like to get his email if possible, as I need a source of early tenn red eggs.

Thank you!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 09:09:31 PM »

Thank you! But I dont think im ready for eggs or chick just yet. but i will give you a holler when im ready.
thank you,
Sammy

chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 09:14:34 PM »

Lenny,
out of curiosity, how do you plan out your fist hatch for the spring? Since we are in the same climate when will you start to move your red's out of the brooder and in to the pen?

thx,
Sammy

sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 09:51:41 PM »

sammy we are hatching out quail right now.just had quail hatch out last weekend. we never really shut down our incubators.demand to much to get behind. i just had a hunt club order their quail for their spring hunt tests. they want 550 quail and 12 chukar in 3 weeks time in may. and that's just 1 of the clubs we supply to. but as to your question. by the time that your first hatch and brood usually we keep them in the brooders ubtil 6 weeks of age but as it gets warmer outside we cut it down to 4 weeks in the brooder. if you can set up a heat lamp in the brooder and cut off the draft in an area then 4 to 6 weeks would be fine to put them out there. when we brood in the winter we will sometimes go til8 to 9 weeks til they go in the runs. but if you get eggs in march or april by the time they hatch it will be you will be into may and the weather will be alot better.

brucewatts1955@sbcglobal.net  this is the guys email for the tennessee red quail.right now they aren't up to full capicity but they can ship out some eggs. if you bought some now they would not hatch until the end of feb and would brood for march and april. just something to think about.you might be ready for them now.

Lenny
Sugar Run Gamebirds

chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 10:26:32 PM »

Thank you for the help Lenny. I'm going to order a GQF box brooder in the next week or two. The eggs will be around, or soon after that.Thank you for your help. It's nice to hear from someone that in the area.

thank you,
Sammy

mumster

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2008, 09:41:52 PM »

Looking Tennessee Reds. Either as adult breeders, and or eggs/day olds for in the spring.
thanks
sam
HI I HAVE 6 TENN RED SFOR SALE THAY ARE TWO MALES AND FOUR FEMALES . IM IN NC THANKS HARVEY

THANKS GOD BLESS HARVEY
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2008, 05:48:47 AM »

The reds I got are starting to lay more I'm only getting 2 or 3 eggs a day now. I'm going after 40 hens in the next day or so If I can get away and feel good enuff for the trip. My B.P. meds aren't letting me rest any been 2 days now can't sleep at all. I've got about 60+ roosters so I guess I'm gonna do trio's in my breeder cages. All of the ones I'm setting are fertile and I mark every egg so I know which is which since I've mainly got northerns and jumbo's I'm gonna set quite a few of the reds. I'm only listing 6+ on eggbid and I'm not gonna ship out eggs no older than 2-3 days old cuz the postal service don't hardly get them to my customers before the weekend. I hope to be getting them in the am. If I'm well enuff to travel.Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:06:16 AM by TLsgamebirdfarm » Logged
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2008, 12:23:43 AM »

Hey Lenny, I mentioned to you the other night on the phone about me getting those hens. My dad is going after them for me if I can't go in the am. Bruce has been holding onto them for me he's 3 hours away from us I'm not sure where his strain came from I had 100+ of them til they froze with all 100+ of the butlers,100+ Ga. giants, and the 100+wisconsins and about 300+ ea of my A&M's and Jumbo browns. I had to stop moving birds that night into my breeder house I got all of my northerns in there that night I was hurting to bad and all the rest got wet and froze last oct. his birds don't like getting freezing, blowing rain it totally shocked me they all cost $6+ each so I lost a lot of money that night. I've got their cages ready for them so they can start poppinjg out eggs NOW. I'll get them to you as soon as I can.Thanks, and GOD BLESS, Tommy
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008, 07:55:05 AM »

Hello All, I've got the hens I needed for my roo's and I've got them in pairs as I'm trying to do with all of my birds others are 2:1 now. The reds are laying good for just to have been moved and on a 3 hour trip and I am gonna sell the eggs I've just got a few orders of these and they're just for a dozen+ so i can fill these few orders and will get them right out to you next week. If you have any questions or wanna call my info is on my temp. website as I'm building a new one myself I hope to have the new one up before next winter. Give me a hammer and nails and back willing can build anything but a website is ANOTHER STORY. Thanks, and GOD BLESS ALL, Tommy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »