Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:27:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  New Hatcher requirements
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Hatcher requirements  (Read 2855 times)
jgalo

« on: July 24, 2008, 03:45:50 PM »

I have an old beverage display unit I am trying to convert to a hatcher.  is it better to have the heat on the bottom or the top?  Is there a certain cfm that is ideal or how many times it should be able too turn the volume of air over per hour?
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 04:29:57 PM »

The heat underneath reminds of the story George Strait's drummer tells him about the dancing chicken in "Pure Country."   Hot Feet!

I don't know if it would matter a whole lot as long as you have a fan circulating the air to keep the temp consistent throughout the hatcher and not have any hot spots. 

Others know more than me, though...

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
komer

gamebird breeder wannabe

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 07:37:40 PM »

¨my opinion is that is best to act like a hen on eggs,the heat comes from UP,not bottom...CFM must not be high because will dry the eggs,air must circle,but not on high speed...
frank_lap_127
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »

As long as there's a fan that keep a stable temperature in all the incubator (like Komer said, don't take a fan turning too fast, it's only to keep a air movement), that the element isn't too near of the eggs and the humidity pan too, I don't think that the position of the element is a huge problem. But before to place it, think twice...

Frank
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »