Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:25:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  chicken hawk
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: chicken hawk  (Read 2301 times)
gboston1970

« on: January 18, 2009, 10:42:21 PM »

we woke this morning to find a chicken dead in our pen, the pen we have now has a coop with a door but also a outside pen that we let the birds roam in during the day, we are in the process of building 2 new pens one for chickens and one for quail, the boys suspected a chicken hawk as the culprit, the neck was broke but besides that no other injuries.

we left the bird there and went to home depot for some more supplies for our new pen, when we got back one of the boys noticed a commotion in the pen, i went inside and got the 12ga., we snuck up beside the barn, after a closer inspection of the pen we saw the hawk had a broke wing and was trying to get away, we got to the pen and he had injured one of our guinea's, but it appeared the Guinea got a couple licks in to, the hawk had a broke wing, and one eye was pecked  and bleeding pretty bad, after we got there he had a 2x4 to the head also, were trying to save the guinea but it ain't looking good.

checked the guinea after the game and it's up walking around looks better.
think i'll enter him in a cock fight next weekend.

I'll bet no coondawgs will reside at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 11:18:50 PM »

s020

think i'll enter him in a cock fight next weekend.

I'll put $2 on it, I would go $100, but I'll probably need everything I have after this Doomsday Tuesday.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 11:53:50 PM »

the hawk had a broke wing, and one eye was pecked  and bleeding pretty bad, after we got there he had a 2x4 to the head also,

No doubt, having one eye pecked out, is the main reason he flew into that 2X4.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 12:01:49 AM »

::)

That's what I figured too.  I've heard tell of that happening before.   ^-^ 

I had it happen to a squirrel in my pen, simple thing had hit several 2x4's on the pen frame, it was a dazed mess and bleeding out it's head by the time it got out of there, couldn't even run straight.  :-o  It never came back again for some reason.   :grin:

« Last Edit: January 19, 2009, 12:31:12 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »