Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 03:12:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Another sad day at the farm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another sad day at the farm  (Read 18835 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2009, 04:38:10 AM »

Shoot, I was hoping for good news,  there's plenty of welcome for her over the bridge. Lot of good friends over there.

She'll live here in your memories my friend, and be waiting.

I know Jake, I have more than my fair share on the other side. She is coming home this Saturday. When the weather breaks, she will be next to her partner, Rescue, and her son Max.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
wildturkey

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »

I'm sorry for your loss! I lost Diasy this last Thanksgiving. A local deer hunter decided to shoot her, then dump her in the ditch. As of yet I don't know who did it, probally a good thing for him! She was my best friend for three years. She looked after our family everyday! It is sad that there is people out there that thinks deer hunting is more important than someones pet. These hunters hunt within a few hundred yards of our home, so seeing dogs and cats is common. I hunt, but not pets.
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2009, 07:20:20 PM »

So sorry,  Wild.     It's terrible that a few s80 rotten hunters have to give all a bad name.  Thats exactly why it's hard to find a place around here to hunt.  Farmers know that too many humters will shoot their cows, dogs, or cats just to have something to shoot.

These types of people can NOT be called true humters!
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2009, 12:49:27 AM »

Steve,
So sorry for your loss.  We actually had to put our 15 year old lab "Jet" down on the same day Dec 20th.  She was my hubby's best bird dog and we miss her a lot.  Thanks for posting the Rainbow Bridge, I have not seen that in a long time. 

Thoughts are with you.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »