Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:14:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  need some help..
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need some help..  (Read 3239 times)
chewchew
Expert Member

« on: January 12, 2008, 12:34:47 AM »

I'm heres the thing.. i hope you understand what im trying to say.. say i have my flight pen is maxed out at 100 birds. two of my dog works buy 25 birds each(50 birds), but are not going to take them all at once. say over the next 3-4 weeks. some of the 50 i have left get pick up a little at a time
over the next 2 weeks, and im down to say 10-20 birds uncounted for, and say 10-20 that I'm holding for the dog works.. thats 20-40 birds, in the pen but 10-20 are sold.. the problem is, i don't want to get down to 5 birds and have some one looking to buy more then i have, and not be able to supple them. so i have anther 50 -75 in the brooder at 4 weeks ready to come out into the flight pen... what do i do? i don't think i want to mix 50-75 4 week old birds, with 20-40 say 6-8 week old birds... do i? i was thinking of making a add on to my flight pen for holding adult birds? any one with an idea, a post would help.

thank you                   s85

Sam

My Mom Is Going To Kill Me.. lol
chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 12:41:47 AM »

i was thinking of adding something like a run on to the side of my flight pen. something so the can walk up and down the side of the pen but not jump around... like a very long breeding pen? or would that be bad for their flight.

chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 12:42:47 AM »

also they are coturnix quail.

thanks
sam

chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 12:21:27 AM »

bump!>>??

lglenn

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 01:06:18 AM »

First, 4wks. is a little young to put out that far North, this late in the year, unless you are very careful.

You could partition off a section of the pen with chicken wire, once your down to about 20, it wouldn' take much
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 05:29:36 AM »

I'm heres the thing.. i hope you understand what im trying to say.. say i have my flight pen is maxed out at 100 birds. two of my dog works buy 25 birds each(50 birds), but are not going to take them all at once. say over the next 3-4 weeks. some of the 50 i have left get pick up a little at a time
over the next 2 weeks, and im down to say 10-20 birds uncounted for, and say 10-20 that I'm holding for the dog works.. thats 20-40 birds, in the pen but 10-20 are sold.. the problem is, i don't want to get down to 5 birds and have some one looking to buy more then i have, and not be able to supple them. so i have anther 50 -75 in the brooder at 4 weeks ready to come out into the flight pen... what do i do? i don't think i want to mix 50-75 4 week old birds, with 20-40 say 6-8 week old birds... do i? i was thinking of making a add on to my flight pen for holding adult birds? any one with an idea, a post would help.

thank you                   s85

Sam

First of chewchew, if your client purchases 25 birds, he should take possession of those 25 birds right then and there. For you to maintain and house what birds he doesn't want to take at any given time is money and space taken from you.

You also risk the chances of death, mauled or crippled birds that you are holding for your client in the meantime.

Another thing to think about, are you discounting the price on the quanity?
If so, he is taking advantage of the discounted price on birds that would normally be sold at a higher price per bird, and you are still maintaining and housing the birds for his pick-up.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
chewchew
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 11:00:55 PM »

all good thing to think about. thank you~!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »