Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:25:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sportsman Deal?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sportsman Deal?  (Read 19359 times)
labmancan
Expert Member

« on: January 03, 2008, 08:01:51 AM »

A local breeder has used Sportsmans for $600.00 Cnd, he says he will also sell me the new plastic trays for $10.00 Cdn each. He has 9 units available, worth it or not? :-|

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 08:07:23 AM »

A local breeder has used Sportsmans for $600.00 Cnd, he says he will also sell me the new plastic trays for $10.00 Cdn each. He has 9 units available, worth it or not? :-|

It depends on how used, make and model.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 08:21:32 AM »

they are Sportsman 1502's, he has had them sterilized and they appear to be fairly new,he has those big 2000 egg jobbies, so the Sportsman are going.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 08:37:37 AM »

Do they have the electronic thermostat with the back up wafer or just two wafer's.

If they are the updated 1502 with the electronic thermostats and have the plexiglas door with the possible auto water reservoir the price would be about right. Again, supply and demand will dictate price. Try to knock down the price $100. If he doesn't go for it, offer him more in 25.00 increments.

Here in WV used 1502 with the electronic thermostat are going between $350-450.00 USD and that is just the standard 1502 with out the extras. The plastic trays are usually included.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 08:42:06 AM »

He has one without the up graded Thermostat ($500.00), but I figured there are enough variables to work with so I am only interested in the newer models. These all come with what appears to be cardboard trays?

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:38:51 AM »

Your wife sees you come home with a couple big incubators ......you better have some money left for the tent you'll need  :grin:
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »

I'm allready looking for a nice spot for my Igloo. My Fishing shack just isn't warm enough. :grin:

sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 10:41:38 AM »

doesn't seem like much of a deal.a new one is almost that much and comes with a warranty.as for the trays i seen them on cutlers for 4 dollars a piece.how old is the unit? but my big thing is the warranty cause we all know that the turners go out quite a bit.
i would try to get him to lower the price a little.even on ebay used ones are only going for 300 to 400 dollars.

Lenny
Sugar Run Gamebirds

Tennessee red,Mexican speckled, and bobwhite quail,chukar,ringneck pheasants

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 11:34:12 AM »

doesn't seem like much of a deal.a new one is almost that much.......
i would try to get him to lower the price........even on ebay used ones are only going for 300 to 400 dollars.

That's what I was thinkin' too. 

I thought maybe the prices had went up considerably since last summer.  I was thinking that a new one could be had for a little over $500.  ???

I personally would pass that one by for that kind of cash...........$400 (maybe),...  The convenience and "no-hassle" of recieving it is worth something I guess.  (No shipping, etc.)   ???

What a dilema!   :-|

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
mark

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 02:44:15 PM »

seems the sportsman has gone up to $600 from all the catalogs I get in the mail. From GQF theirs is $560.

Mark
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 03:15:44 PM »

seems the sportsman has gone up to $600 from all the catalogs I get in the mail. From GQF theirs is $560.

Mark

Then add the shipping. labmancan is from AB up Reeves way. Figure on the shipping costs from the states up there and at least two weeks in transit time.

If the 1502 has the plexiglas door and the water res. tank, $600. is a good price.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

hunter3015

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 04:26:12 PM »

this is where i just purchased mine a few months ago.

http://www.dblrpoultrysupply.com/index-incubators.php?page=/store/incubators-main.html

FREE SHIPPING and HANDLING
to anywhere in the lower 48 states!!!

You get all of this in one package....
One GQF Model 1502E Sportsman Incubator
One Clear Acrylic Door ( plus the regular door. Acrylic door must be installed by customer )
One 5 gallon Automatic Incubator Humidity Set-up with 2 humidity pads
Your choice of one set of the following egg racks
Quail Egg Racks ( Quail Eggs )
Pheasant Egg Racks ( Pheasant Eggs )
Universal Egg Racks ( Bantam to Pheasant to Medium Chicken Eggs )
Extra Large Egg Racks ( Turkey, Duck, Jumbo Chicken, etc )
Sportsman Plus Incubator
Item #G1502E-PLUS-DBLR · $734.99
 Choose egg racksQuail Egg RacksPheasant Egg RacksUniversal Egg RacksExtra Large Egg Racks Quantity:     

The No. 1502 “SPORTSMAN PLUS” is a complete incubator and hatcher plus a clear acrylic door, an automatic humidity device and your choice of egg racks! In addition to having three automatically turned trays, the 1502 has a hatching tray in the bottom of the incubator, a very reliable Pre-Set electronic thermostat, and an effective humidity control. So if you are just getting started with a small flock, all you need is this one incubator. The unique feature of this incubator allows the breeder to set the eggs each week or so and then hatch the oldest setting eggs at the same time. Settings are rotated among the three turning trays so that the hatching tray can accept the eggs from one of the setting trays each cycle. Another option is to set all of the trays at one time and at the end on incubation, level all of the setting trays to use all of the trays as hatchers.

*Total Capacity: 1368 Quail Eggs (set and hatch 250 per week) or 216 larger eggs, such as duck, etc. Each setting tray ( without the racks ) holds approximately 496 Quail Eggs, or 118 Chukar or Pheasant, or 90 small Chicken Eggs, or 40 Goose Eggs (not over 3 3 /4” overall height), or 60 Duck Eggs.

This incubator includes:
3 turning trays & 1 hatching tray with cover
1 #3018 dial thermometer/hygrometer
1 moisture pan with 2 wick pads
Samples of paper egg trays for quail, chicken/duck (1 each)
1 Aluminum clean out pan
Instruction booklet
1 #3256 Pre-Set Electronic thermostat
1 alternate #3122 wafer thermostat

The Humidity Kit Consists of 5 Gal. Reserve tank, connecting hose, with quick disconnect coupling and constant level humidity pan with 2 humidity pads, for increased humidity at time of hatch. For all GQF Cabinet Incubators

The clear acrylic door measures 31 1/4" x 15 1/2" x 1/2"

Plus your choice of one of the following egg rack sets:
#0243 Quail: Set of Six- Each No. 1202 Incubator tray will hold 2 egg racks (248 quail eggs) for a total of 744 eggs per incubator (racks single stacked). Molded post on each rack permits double stacking for total of 1368 eggs. -Plastic egg rack positioners offer the most efficient system for gathering, spray disinfectant treating and storing eggs. At time of setting eggs, just remove loaded egg rack positioners from storage area to the incubator setting trays.

#0246 Universal: Set of 6 -Holds any size egg from bantam, to pheasant, to medium chicken egg. Each of the No. 1202 incubator trays will hold 2 egg racks (90 eggs for a total of 270 eggs per incubator. (not stackable in GQF incubators)

#0245 Pheasant: Set of 6- Each No. 1202 Setting Incubator tray will hold 2 egg racks (118 pheasant eggs) for a total of 354 eggs per incubator. (Not Stackable in GQF incubators). -Plastic egg rack positioners offer the most efficient system for gathering, spray disinfectant treating and storing eggs. At a time of setting eggs, just remove loaded egg rack positioners from storage area to the incubator setting trays

#0248 Extra Large: Set of 6 -Holds extra large eggs: Turkey, Duck, Jumbo Chicken, etc.. Each of the No. 1202 incubators trays will hold 2 egg racks (60 eggs) for a total of 180 eggs per incubator. -Plastic egg rack positioners offer the most efficient system for gathering, spray disinfectant treating and storing of eggs. At a time of setting eggs, just remove loaded egg rack positioners from storage area to the incubator setting trays.

Bad day hunting is better then a good day at work.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »

I contacted Millars Hatcheries, thats our dealer, the 1502 is now $998.99 + 5% Tax. It turns out that the ones over at Dirt Willies are 1550s with the Electronic control and Wafer back-up, plus the 3gal. auto waterer with a float tank and site gauge, 2 thermometers but no Clear door. As he is a Federally Breeder, all his equipement is sterilized.
I picked up 1 1550 , 1 male Chukar and a male white Pheasant plus 6 Pheasant egg trays and 6 Quail egg trays for $600.00.
Now I have to go out and start building that igloo. s49

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2008, 07:30:51 PM »

You have a look at his Lynx ?
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 07:59:03 PM »

Got pictures of my wife and daughter holding a kitten of his last spring. He sells them all over the world, the one from last spring was shipped out the next day.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »