Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  rings and wings gamebirds
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rings and wings gamebirds  (Read 8898 times)
Britton Howe

« on: July 19, 2006, 07:55:31 PM »

just got my pheasant eggs today from them. and they all look great. got them here in two days.
CalebK273

Mandarin Drake at the house.

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:46:27 AM »

Sound Great,

Hope you have a good hatch.

A guy I know ordered 100 pheasant eggs from him and he had 76 hatch.  He had 102 out of the 105 coturnix hatch that he ordered.

Caleb

Caleb L. Kordsmeier
I have Woodducks, Mandarins, AGB's and BB Red OEG.
Visit My Website
Britton Howe

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:19:03 PM »

had a terrible hatch out of 36 pheasant eggs only 13 of them were fertile and I only had 3 of them hatch.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:35:30 AM »

we cannot guarantee hatchability after we ship eggs due to things beyond our control HA :angel:
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 11:12:56 AM »

It's been my experience that pheasant eggs generally do not ship well.   The fact that you got any to hatch is a bonus.  I've had dozens of shipments from a number of breeders with my best hatch at about 15%.  Eggs I have been able to buy locally have hatched 60-70%.
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 12:08:27 PM »

Hello All,  I ordered my eggs from him I ordered 950 they were packed in foam but over 75 were broke looked like someone "kicked" the box literaley, I set 826 of them and the hatch is done I got 128 chicks some aren't gonna make it all my other eggs hatched tooo just fine. I called him up asked was there anything that can be done  he said nope. When I ordered them he sent them out on a thursday I got them exactly 7 days later that was the next thursday. I don't understand this crud. I do good to come up with the $ to buy eggs much less be done like this. Thanks GOD BLESS, Tommy
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 06:20:49 PM »

:angel:
Britton Howe

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 06:26:02 PM »

It's been my experience that pheasant eggs generally do not ship well.   The fact that you got any to hatch is a bonus.  I've had dozens of shipments from a number of breeders with my best hatch at about 15%.  Eggs I have been able to buy locally have hatched 60-70%.
I agree it just sucks to spend that hard earned cash and get nothin.But I'm still going to order from him in the spring but this time I'm buying the chicks
jk
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »

Yes, I would definitely order chicks next time. I have been to his place and it is AWESOME :laugh: . He is a really nice guy as well but he can't help what happens to the eggs when they leave his hands... oh well. What do you expect of the postal service?  :angel: Good luck getting some chicks from him Britton.

American Game Bantams, Wood Ducks, and Mandarins.
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2006, 11:39:52 PM »

I hope he can ship to you, I tried to buy chicks this year and he said he couldn't ship.
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 11:51:11 PM »

I agree it just sucks to spend that hard earned cash and get nothin.But I'm still going to order from him in the spring but this time I'm buying the chicks

I guess I'm at a loss as to why someone would continue to buy from a business who doesn't attempt to make it right with the buyer. If someone ordered 900 eggs from me and only 130 hatched, I'd make damn sure there were more eggs on thier way to replace the first shipment. Even if it was the buyers fault, have them pay for shipping. Either way, he won't last long if he doesn't take care of his customers....

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 12:31:36 AM »

Hello All,  I ordered my eggs from him I ordered 950 they were packed in foam but over 75 were broke looked like someone "kicked" the box literaley, I set 826 of them and the hatch is done I got 128 chicks some aren't gonna make it all my other eggs hatched tooo just fine. I called him up asked was there anything that can be done  he said nope. When I ordered them he sent them out on a thursday I got them exactly 7 days later that was the next thursday. I don't understand this crud. I do good to come up with the $ to buy eggs much less be done like this. Thanks GOD BLESS, Tommy

Did you complain to the post office? From what you've explained, it sounds as if the post office is the problem?   Just an idea.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 07:17:07 AM »

Did you complain to the post office? From what you've explained, it sounds as if the post office is the problem?   Just an idea.
         What idiot would ship eggs on a thursday  ???????
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 07:27:56 AM »

let's see 1000 eggs $250 (on the cheap side) 150 hatch  (15% hatch rate)=$1.66 per chick ,not to smart business wise  and that is if you can find pheasant eggs for a quarter a piece which is very unlikely
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 11:16:16 AM »

Hello All,  Well like I said I'm new to raising these birds I'm off to a good start so far with my other birds. Your right I'd at least try to make some kind of effort to make a customer happy. I'm selling my birds pretty good and I WILL make my customer happy. There's no since in that, I kept calling him after mon. everyday they said their in route, the same til thurs. when they got here. I'm a lil easy to get "done over" on cuz I think all is like me I believe all. I'll learn the hard way. There's so much I need to learn in this business. I just got 300 bobwhite hens and 100 roosters and are laying, I've got the jumbo brown coturnix, The Texas A&M's, and I'm building my web site as I type. I'll make all happy that buy's from me. I have about 200 19 mo. old bob whites I'm gonna be putting them in a climate controlled area and keep my birds laying year round.  Well thanks all & GOD BLESS< Tommy
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »