Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:38:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Bird Dog Topics
| | |-+  Member's Hunting Companion type and traitsThis will be fun
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Member's Hunting Companion type and traitsThis will be fun  (Read 9553 times)
britguy33
« on: April 22, 2004, 01:46:27 AM »

DUKE....1/2 French Bred 1/2 American bred Brittany
Liver and White
12 months old
Hunts close, Very birdy, excellent around my 18 month old boy.
I cannot wait for the fall season to start working him on wild birds.
ALLIE....Chocolate Lab
9 Months old lazy as can be but retrieves, has a good nose and will be a great dove dog someday if she can overcome her love of sleeping all day.
duck nutt
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2004, 09:59:30 AM »

gracie         all english setter  from the same litter..13 weeks old
lil                born in kansas
lil'star
jim
sam

lucky          english setter 11 weeks old
                 born at cane creek kennels   north carolina

can't wait til fall to start working them ...all except sam, point and show interest on wing...lil will hold forever, and gracie will til someone creeps in front of her.lol    we bought lucky for his style and pedigree...good tail
Gamebirdman
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2004, 05:58:43 PM »

Libby- 2 yr old pointer.  Excellent all around hunter.  Bought for blood line.

Buddy-  8mo. old shorthair.  Started dog.  Is a close hunter, doesnt like to get too far away.

Socky-  1 yr old.  Excellent all around dog.  Spoiled by my wife.  She loves to do it all and is good at it.
twincyn
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 02:09:04 AM »

Brittney-3 year old English Setter

Direct line of Black Smith

All business in the field

Clown inside the home

Scamper-American Cocker Spaniel

11 years old

Retired

Good hunting dog with an attitiude
hunted when he wanted to hunt,  when he had enough  he would smell a ruff grouse then turn in the other direction.  

always was and still is a good house and family pet
britguy33
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 02:47:23 AM »

twincyn

I have a 1/4 setter  3/4 Brit male He is 11 tears old.(forgot to include him on my origonal post) He was my first burd dog. I raised and trained him from a puppy. He goes out for about 1 fence row every couple weeks and will only point when he is alone or with a pup. If a faster dog hunts with him he just lags behind and backs their points. That mix seems to be a good combo. Wish AKC would allow 1/2 breeds to be registered. I think that would make a great dog. Throw a little lab in there and you would have a superb versitile dog.
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2004, 08:53:35 AM »

Gem Stone

4 yr old GSP

Pictured in my Avatar backing point for Rusty a 3 yr old GSP who belongs to Uplandhunter. He and I met on this site, and that picture was taken when we met at a bird farm near Wilmington Oh. and hunted our dogs together for the first time.

She hunts good as long as there's plenty of birds. Still gets distracted a little to easily. That was only her second visit to a game farm. Before this past season she had only ever hunted Ruffed Grouse (not a good way to try and train a dog)!

Her Sire moved here from South Dakota and the Dame is Ohio born.

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
pawnansell
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2004, 03:15:38 PM »

BOBBY KIRT IS A FREIND OF MINE LUCKY IS OFF WHICH DOG!
I GOT DOGS OFF OF BRUTS, DEXTER . THE BRUTIS DOG DOES GOOD AND HAS ALOT OF DRIVE.

ARE YOU GOING TO HUNT THEM OF FIRLD TRAIL THEM
THANKS GARY

Quote from: duck nutt
gracie         all english setter  from the same litter..13 weeks old
lil                born in kansas
lil'star
jim
sam

lucky          english setter 11 weeks old
                 born at cane creek kennels   north carolina

can't wait til fall to start working them ...all except sam, point and show interest on wing...lil will hold forever, and gracie will til someone creeps in front of her.lol    we bought lucky for his style and pedigree...good tail
duck nutt
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 10:17:09 AM »

Gary ,  Lucky came off of Alamance Little Rock, the dog Bobby ran at the national championship at the ames plantation...I'm not sure about his mother cause we don't have papers yet, but he told us and we forgot....little rock is brother of dexter....not sure if in the same litter, but they have the same parents, Tekoa Mt Sunrise and Cane Creek Sassyfrass...we'll give lucky  a better name later..father in law calls him 'lucky' because we bought him b4 he went to texas....we hunted in texas few years ago and it took our dogs weeks to recover from the thorns they had in their paws and chests....but i know not all of texas is like that..anyway, he (lucky) shows a lot of interest and drive....has a great tail, short and straight up!....no field trials in our future...   maybe some shoot and retrieve but nothing like bobby does..father in law and I are developing a quail hunitng/dog kennel club...we'll use our dogs for hunting and training....a little breeding, but not a puppy farm....we'll be very selective...
duck nutt
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 10:26:38 AM »

and my first post came out hard to read cause the spaces didn't work..
all english setters...5 from kansas     GRACIE,  tri-colored female....LIL, heavily ticked lemon/white female(beautiful dog), LIL STAR, lemon/white female, JIM lemon/white male, and SAM, lemon.white male.....and then 1 fron N Carolina, LUCKY, lemon/white male(he came from cane creek kennels).....the kansas dogs bloodlines include TOMOKA, FLAMING STAR, and THOR......TEKOA MT SUNRISE , with some GROUSE RIDGE and CASH MASTER bloodlines in the N Carolina dog
theweave

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 10:29:47 AM »

Two English setters - both out of TekoMt. Sunrise line
both are black and white
Spot - 8-year-old male, big ranger, runs big, excellent nose, excellent manners, doesn't retreive well (stands over bird and point it again)
Dot - 3-year-old female, hunts much closer, great singles dog
pawnansell
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2004, 02:51:43 PM »

little rock in a verry good dog i have seen him run alot and he is a hard driving dog has alot of heart and that means alot in the breading of great bird dogs how is her range now she will get alot wider as she gets older they reach their peak around 4 yrs

good luck  gary ansell
duck nutt
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2004, 03:50:11 PM »

lucky's just a puppy right now...maybe 13 weeks old...i take them walking frequently and he shows alot of independence....stays well ahead of me, sniffing and playing.....have high hopes for him!
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 09:06:48 AM »

We do not have a hunting dog yet, and Rott's don't quite fit the bill. We are looking into German Shorthair's but have not found one that we can either afford or from a good breeder. Also, one of the biggest reasons we are raising Quail is the fact that the bird population is very poor where we live due to feral cats, coyotes and the loss of habitat. That being said we are hoping to hatch enough to release some this summer and see what happens.  :D

Five Hollers Quail Farm
grousehunter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 10:24:18 PM »

Two english setters:Ruby,3year old female Ryman lines, blue belton, beautiful dog. Wife runs a day care and is great with the kids. Rikki a 6 month old field type would like to try getting into field trialing.  She is off to puppy school right now.  I am trying to raise some quail and chuckar to trade for some training.
ChogiJoe
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2004, 11:22:56 PM »

Chogi Joe- 2yr GSP Doesn't hunt, spoiled rotten and loves to play with kids. Wonderful around ALL dogs from 6wks to numbers of years old.

Rock Point Pryceles Creation- 9 mo old female - bird CRAZY!!  Entered in NSTRA trials this September.  She is a natural retriever and will swim for hours.  Never moves an inch on birds.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »