Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 03:04:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Hatching egg price
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hatching egg price  (Read 3523 times)
airik5

Personal Text

« on: April 11, 2012, 03:06:54 PM »

Hi a friend of mine has silver pheasants and blue peafowl and he doesn't want the young and has offered them to me however last yr it did not work out to let the parents hatch and then remove the chicks so he has offered the eggs to me this yr and i am just wondering what people think a fair price is per half dozen eggs thanks
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 07:32:04 AM »

To me if he is a friend the fair thing would be to give the eggs to you if he did not want to fool with them...If he wants to sell them to you the I would not pay no more than 5$ for the Peafowl each and 1$ ea. for the Silvers...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 09:04:44 AM »

WOW! Haven't posted since December 31st of 2011! Sorry for being gone so long but not sure I've been missed too much  :laugh:  How has everyone been doing? 

Getting back into it this year, finally have finances built up enough to afford feed.  700 chukar eggs at $0.62/ea and 700 pheasant eggs at $0.65/ea.  Don't know if thats good prices or not but cheapest I could find from the people I have worked with in the past.  Few years ago I was charging $7.25 for 50/50 pheasant and $5.25 for chukar.  Now, game farms are paying $10.00 for 50/50 pheasant and $8 for chukar.  Charging customer about $21-$22 for pheasant.  Not sure how long people can keep going to farms to hunt.  Went with some friends last weekend for a 6 bird hunt and it was $130.  I think alot of people have quit raising birds after feed costs skyrocketed because most game farms ran out of birds about Feb 1st last year and sounds like they are having the same problems again this year, especially for chukar.  The litle Budha is 3 1/2 years old now so she can start helping me out back and loves seeing the birds. 

A lot of work to get done after not using the pens for a couple years.  Raised about 350 chukar this year, and as soon as they were out the door, the rats moved in to their brooder house.  Had to gut and redo all of the insulation plus some flooring where they chewed through.  Go that all done now and time to address the pheasant pen.  I'll try to get some pics at some point to show how the farm looks today. 

Also, got a broken Digital Bradley Smoker from a buddy last weekend.  Got her fixed by Wednesday night and gotta see this weekend how it compares to my MasterCraft.  Since you guys got me into smoking a year ago, I do it any chance I get.  Problem is the wife doesn't like smoked food.  She'll be on her own this weekend   :grin:

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
netdoor

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »

Looking for peasants eggs to buy and need shiped to Mississippi, any idea...
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:36:40 PM »

Try Lake Cumberland Gamebirds out of Kentucky or I am sure there is some place closer.  Chukar I got from them last year did very well.  I get my pheasant eggs from a place in Nothern Minnesota, not too local for you.

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
netdoor

Personal Text

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 12:20:23 PM »

Thanks,
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »