Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:49:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Shooting Preserve Management
| | |-+  Dimensions necessary for skeet shooting
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dimensions necessary for skeet shooting  (Read 6160 times)
HollinVA
« on: August 22, 2006, 07:52:44 PM »

I might be posting this in the wrong place, but I want to set up a skeet-shooting range on my land as well.  Does anyone know what a safe distances from roads, and property lines is?  I imagine there must be regulations of this sort for commercial places.  Though mine will not be commercial, I should probably follow the same guidelines.

Thanks for any thoughts--

Hollin
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 04:40:23 AM »

I would stay 450 feet from any road or building
jk
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 07:07:32 PM »

That it a good suggestion... anything 450 or above should be just fine. Even if bb's from the shells(I'm taking it that these are shotguns...) made it that far they would be traveling to slow to hurt anything. They would just "pepper", in hunting terms, anything they would come into contact with. There is probably an official regulation on the distance but it is probably different depending on where you are located. So just call the city and see if they can tell you anything about it.

American Game Bantams, Wood Ducks, and Mandarins.
HollinVA
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »

Yes they are shotguns, so that should work.   I just had no idea what a safe distance was.  Some good thoughts--thanks for the responses and the ideas.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »