Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:24:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Just when you least expect it, EXPECT IT!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just when you least expect it, EXPECT IT!  (Read 8912 times)
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 01:07:37 AM »

thats the whole idea,  no worries about coded ammunition the deer are trained to gather at the barn for treats and sacrifice one of their own for the benefit of the herd

great pictures Steve.  all I seem to see around here are turkeys. they are everywhere.  the deer stay just out of sight.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 05:15:16 AM »

thats the whole idea,  no worries about coded ammunition the deer are trained to gather at the barn for treats and sacrifice one of their own for the benefit of the herd

great pictures Steve.  all I seem to see around here are turkeys. they are everywhere.  the deer stay just out of sight.

Funny that you mention turkeys. I have never seen a turkey on the lower section of my property. Go to the next farm over, and there all over the place as well. They will even cross the road from one side of his property to the next.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 05:27:34 AM »

Another picture of a doe looking for a handout 1-31-09 just off the back deck.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 06:09:44 AM »

Nice Pic's !

I can't help but think you might be a proud foster parent one day soon.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 06:39:09 AM »

Nice Pic's !

I can't help but think you might be a proud foster parent one day soon.

cv,

I would relish the chance to foster a baby fawn one day, the only problem is that here in WV, it is illegal to do so, and since I am a licensed WV game farm(bird) breeder, it would be just my luck that the DNR would decide to show up while I had the fawn in my hand.

How's that old saying go? If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all?

That's a precious picture you've got there. Is it one of yours, or off the Internet?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

ode2god
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »

great pics steve s98 you really ought to submit some of them to the some game /wildlife magazines. you have a great setup for photo ops..i know some one else suggested it already but you take great pics!
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 12:47:11 PM »

That picture has been going around the internet for at least 2 years. I have recieved it 3 or 4 times.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 03:53:05 PM »

No, I don't have any images of me holding fawns and yes, that image has been circulating on the internet, just made do with the thought. Any more, it's seems like we have to have a permit to breath.

my luck is on the same path

birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »

Steve . will WV give you a wildlife rehabilitator permit or do they even have such a thing ?  in Maine we are not allowed to have any wild animal  right down to a sparrow or chipmonk. without one.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 05:57:20 AM »

Steve . will WV give you a wildlife rehabilitator permit or do they even have such a thing ?  in Maine we are not allowed to have any wild animal  right down to a sparrow or chipmonk. without one.

birddog,

I know they do have wildlife rehabilitators in this state. I don't know what the qualifications and licensing procedures are.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »