Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:55:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Gamebird Business Aspects
| | |-+  Quail/Pheasant farm in Southwest Pa
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quail/Pheasant farm in Southwest Pa  (Read 7439 times)
stonecreek

« on: July 11, 2005, 11:11:11 PM »

Hi!  I am a new user to this forum.  I am in the process of starting a game farm in Southwest Pa.  I am planning on having Northern Bobwhites and Chinese Ringnecks for sale around the first part of next year.  Other species to follow at a later date.  I would be interested in hearing from anyone in the general area whose has a need for eggs/chicks/fully flight conditioned birds.  My goal is to offer a great product, treat people as family, and try to give something back to a land that has given me hours of pure enjoyment.  Thanks.

RBsEggs
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2005, 03:06:29 PM »

I am not in your area but always looking for new suppliers to mix my bloodlines on my own birds what prices do you plan on charging and wehn do you anticipate your sales to start.
stonecreek

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 11:51:27 AM »

I am beginning in October 2005 to start my breeding stock.  I will be starting with ~500 Quail and ~250 Chukars.  Pheasant will come on later as I cant find any eggs this late in the year.  I actually have two pieces of property.  One will be the actual hatchery and the other will be a commercially regulated hunting grounds.  I am going to stock the hunting grounds with birds and sell outside of the hunting grounds as well.  My plan is to begin to offer eggs and day old chicks around late spring 2006 for the Quail and Chukars and then continue year round production.  Some flgiht ready Quail and Chukars will be ready late winter 2006.  Pheasants will start with flight ready birds in summer of 2006 and then go from there.  I do not have prices laid out yet but they will be in line with general market.  I will have a website soon and will post it in this forum.

Dave

ridgetop
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 01:01:38 PM »

Dave,

I would be interested in Chukar Chicks when you get going..Thanks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »