Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:06:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Newbie question--Time to hatch
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newbie question--Time to hatch  (Read 4212 times)
Bones

Personal Text

« on: April 23, 2013, 09:57:16 AM »

Using a Hova-bator desktop my 120 eggs are due to hatch 5/4/2013.  I've done some research but have come up with little detail on where and how to hatch. The booklet on "how to" is very non-specific.  Remove eggs from incubator to a box?  A bath tub?  The trunk of wife's car?  Any temperature range?  My brooder is a 2x6 foot water trough.

Help!  How do I do this?

Thanks in advance

Bones
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »

What type of eggs are you hatching?  I have never used a Hova-Bator, is there an auto turn in there?  We have pheasant and chukar hatching this weekend and today is day 20.  So, tonight we will take the eggs out of the autoturn and place them on there side in the hatching trays (which could just be the bottom of the Hova if it is like a Little Giant).  We will increase the humidity up to 70% in the incubators for the last few days to help soften the shells.  Temp still needs to be up at 99.5*F.  Not sure right or wrong but it has worked for us. 

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Bones

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 11:02:39 AM »

Bob white quail.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 04:10:07 PM »

If you do not find the info in the sticky topics at the top of this section, try here:  http://www.thatquailplace.com/
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »