Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:27:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Poultry Production
| | |-+  quail that lay large eggs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: quail that lay large eggs?  (Read 9263 times)
luisviveiros

breeding snowflake quail

« on: August 10, 2009, 04:58:55 PM »

hey years ago i visited a quail breeder that sold me courtunix quail and he had a pen with big birds and there eggs where huge but he wouldnt sell them to me any ideas what kinda quail they where  and where i could buy some thanks
Sialia

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 05:55:35 PM »

What color were the eggs?  What did the birds look like?
luisviveiros

breeding snowflake quail

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »

the eggs looked like large cortunix egg
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 10:25:27 AM »

Its all in the feed and bloodlines you have. I've got a simple plan that I tell my customers to use if they ask. I've got both large birds and eggs as well. Its taken me a good while to get both but mainly you need to use a high protien feed(28%) til their about 7 weeks old then go to a 24% grower and pour the oyster shell to the feed so the birds will have the extra calcium they need for the eggs until their about 9-10 weeks old they'll be as big as their gonna get. You gotta cull them VERY heavy though but you'll have bigger better birds if you take your time and be VERY PICKY on your breeders. If it don't salute me or give me the finger when i walk in the building ITS CULLED and goes on the grill. I use just season salt & black pepper on them and their GREAT. Thanks, and GOD BLESS, TL
greyghost
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:18:05 PM »

Do not believe a word of the last post. TL, AKA Tommy, is in my opinion, the last person I would believe on any bird subject! He is now selling under the assumed name of " Birds of a feather." on Ebay. I know, I bought from him. The deal was for 20 Jumbo Coturnix eggs, he shipped 24, eight were broken. I did not even get my original 20. I got 16 that I doubt will hatch. When I called him on this I got a song and dance about disease and floods, there may have been pestulence thrown in!
Those of you that have been here a while will know that I know of what I speak. You newbie's need to steer clear of this Shyster!

Oh, Tommy I wish I were one of your birds, just so I could give you the finger when you walk in the room! Got a problem with that? I would be happy to come down to Texas and do it in person. Maybe you should watch your back. THE Ghost.  c49
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 11:37:38 PM »

ty2Ghost, for the heads up.  I haven't had any personal dealings with "Tommy".  But have been here long enough to have "heard" things.  He's the kind of  guy that sucks all the fun out of bird raising.  Thank you, again, for having our backs, Ghost.  Tweezy
luisviveiros

breeding snowflake quail

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 08:38:25 AM »

Thanks ghost i was going to buy from him even thu he was selling eggs at 1.00 a piece for all white jumbo that he said was huge but was worried about his negative feed back on eggbid and now people from this site thanks for the help to a newbie s144 j2
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »