Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:14:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Feed-Discussion pertaining to various types of feeds, brands, what to feed and when.
| | | |-+  Gamebird vitamins
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gamebird vitamins  (Read 9483 times)
swill1171

« on: March 03, 2009, 09:25:08 PM »

I have a problem with getting a gamebird starter where I am at so I was thinking about having my own ground but am wondering about finding a vita. pack for them . I raise around 3000 bobs. , 1200 chukar & 1000 ringnecks. does anyone have any suggestions? thanks, in advance
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »

Let the folks know where you live (State) .
swill1171

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 09:47:42 PM »

Sorry I live in NE okla.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 10:11:01 PM »

Are you going to add it to the water or to the feed at the Mill ? I add mine to the water, but I do not raise that many birds as you. I use Avia Charge 2000 you can get it from Stromberg`s comes in a 1 or 3 lb plastic jar.  It will really make your birds shine. Its about 90.00 for the 3lb. jar. 1 tsp per gal. of water.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 10:31:17 PM »

Any mill should have the vitamin/mineral pre-mix.  MFA certainly does.  I think they  still have a store in Chelsea, I know they have several in S.E. Ks., and of course in S.W. Missouri.  I have mine mixed using 150% of the recommended level.  A Vet with their research division told me that after six to nine months, the vitamins are at 80% of the original levels.  By starting with 150%, you will still have 120% if you store it properly.  And it will still be adequate at one year, if you do the no-no of storing it too long (if kept cool and dry).  Starting at 150% also allows you to add soybean meal to increase protein, or add corn or Milo to decrease it, without worry.

Vitamin/mineral premix is also available in packets and tubs.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
swill1171

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »

If I add it to the water won't that only contain the water soluble nutrients, where as to the feed it will also contain the fat solubles?
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 12:16:22 AM »

If you are having your own blend of feed mixed at a Mill then I would let them put it in the feed. Alot less work for you.When you put it in the water you are supposed to change it everyday as I do most of the time.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 02:26:01 AM »

Premixes made for water are usually water soluble.  In some cases, you may technically have a suspension, rather than solution.  Like Fenbendazole, and other medications that work well, in automatic waterers.  In static waterers, you'll need to mix and fill fresh every day.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 09:55:52 AM »

The thing that I like about putting it in the water is you know how much and when they are getting it. And I do not like to keep my birds on them all of the time. Usually a couple times a week.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »