Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 06:31:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  Nipple waterer's
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nipple waterer's  (Read 6328 times)
Suspect XX

« on: March 03, 2009, 08:32:54 AM »

I have some questions about the nipple waterer's that I know you guys can help me with. I did a search but did not find the answers that I was looking for.

1) Which nipples, the screw in or the push in?

2) Do they leak?

3) Can you mount them horizontally or vertical only? What about in between (45 degree downward angle)?

4) How many birds can you water off of one nipple?

Thanks in advance for your help.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:41:17 AM by Suspect XX » Logged
DoubleL911
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 10:08:50 AM »

I use push in on a gravity flow system using 55 gallon barrels in remote brood houses, I put 500 chicks in a 10 x 15 house using 10 nipples they don't leak the barrel is 6 feet off the ground this produces less than 8 lb of pressure.
They are designed to hang straight down.
Check specs. at  www.FarmTek.com
Larry Lain
www.doublelquailfarms.com
Suspect XX

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 11:58:38 AM »

Has anyone successfully put them on an angle?

bkvail

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 03:52:29 PM »

http://www.agselect.com/ED/showdetl.cfm?&DID=11&Product_ID=173&CATID=12  I use these water nipples for my rabbits with a gravity fed system - and they have bird waterers too on this page:
http://www.agselect.com/ED/showdetl.cfm?&DID=11&Product_ID=103&CATID=1

or there are these one's cheaper from another company - do these type work for quail?  Do they have enough brains to figure them out?  I know the water nipples for the rabbits, I usually have to ''teach'' them how to use it (or house them with another rabbit for a short time for the other rabbit to teach them).

Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out!
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 04:08:58 PM »

This is what I use and it has worked out just fine.  http://www.cutlersupply.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_60_63&products_id=489  I have these in my GSC Rollout cages and have had no troubles with them.  The other type mentioned I do use for my rabbits also and they work however, I do not see them working on Quail.  They require to much pressure to be applied and spray  a stream of water.  Also there is no cup which is needed.  Hope the link was of some help!

:wink:

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
bkvail

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 04:34:30 PM »

https://www.randallburkey.com/prodinfo.asp?number=4085  this is the link I meant to post for the cheaper ones - but your link has them way cheaper!!!  Thanks for that link!

Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 07:56:49 PM »

I use Randall Burkey alot if I need it quick.  If my order is in by 1pm it will be on my door step the next day.  I think it has to do with the UPS routes because I use ground shipping.  But anyways typically they will be higher on there stuff than some of the other big suppliers.

:grin:

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
bkvail

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »

nice!  I have a shirt company that I order my ''blanks'' for my custom embroidery business - and it's the same - if I order before lunch, it's delivered UPS the next day.  You gotta love that!

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »