Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:11:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Feed-Discussion pertaining to various types of feeds, brands, what to feed and when.
| | | |-+  feed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: feed  (Read 2908 times)
Nate F.

« on: May 15, 2008, 06:05:05 PM »

Hi everyone.  I know, I know, I should have made these 5 topics into one, but oh well.  I'm getting chukars, yellow golden pheasants, and Coturnix, do they all eat Turkey grower?  Is there some sort of grain i should add to that?  Should I feed all of them oyster shells?  Thanks
-Nate

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 06:10:25 PM »

How old are they?
Nate F.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 06:54:31 PM »

There this years hatch, but not chicks

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
frank_lap_127
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 07:00:47 PM »

Depending on the species, it should be around 26% and 28% of protein. Go on website and find a (.pdf) document about commercial production of those birds. For the housing and all that I don't consider it's the best place as it is COMMERCIAL but about the quantity of protein and the food ratio you should have a great idea. I do my own feed but for chicks I always begin with small pellets, it's easier for the chicks to eat. If it's not whole grain, you don't need to put oyster shell, but I would recommend do mix your own food when they will be older, it will give a great help. If you need help about this, send me a private message, I have a contact who know a lot about this that will be able to help you than most of us.

Frank
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »