Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  my "free" incubator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my "free" incubator  (Read 5499 times)
another1

« on: January 06, 2008, 10:36:13 PM »

i have been looking for a sportsman style incubator today i found an incubator for free about 130 miles away so i emailed the guy and went to pick it up turns out to be a marsh cyclonic model 1a built in 87 anyone familiar with these or know where to find parts looks to need plenty of work
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »

Depending on how much money you spend on it, you may be able to join the "FReeves" club !

The idea is to spend more on getting a free item to work, then it would take to buy a new one !

s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 03:30:07 AM »

Wow, this is getting to be like a scavenger hunt s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 12:05:33 PM »

Have you found any information on that incubator yet?

I'm not familiar with it.  You're probably the proud owner of one out of the 15 built.  :-|

What all does it need?  There's really not much to one and most things about them can be retrofitted with like components from other incubators or hardware store. Fan, heating element and thermostats are about all there is to one.  I've posted links to wiring diagrams and such for the GQF's in other threads.  There's quite a few on the forum that have some good ideas and are very familiar with incubator/brooder riggings.  ^-^

The idea is to spend more on getting a free item to work, then it would take to buy a new one !

s020    Isn't that the truth!  I'm throwing alot of time and money at a "free" 1960 Massey Harris Ferguson 2 row corn planter right now. It's quite a contraption that worked...........but that wasn't good enough......
 s47

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
another1

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 04:21:13 PM »

looks to need a fan thermostat and some wiring a lot of cut wires looks to be in ok condition i got home with it and still had to get ready for work got home at 8 had to get up for work at 5 just took it apart some gives me something else to do need to build pens luckily im not plannin on using it this season
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »