Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:50:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Build It Yourself
| | |-+  Question About Installing Netting
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question About Installing Netting  (Read 9876 times)
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 10:13:18 PM »

I am not sure Reeves I am talking about the top of the pen, not the sides...I might have to ask that numskull :laugh: :angel:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 11:01:25 PM »

I am not sure Reeves I am talking about the top of the pen, not the sides...

Now who's the numbskull?  :P

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 11:03:55 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2007, 05:52:24 AM »

Opps !

But it doesn't matter.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2007, 08:43:00 AM »

Well, it works until I get about 1/2 away down the pen and then I can't get the netting to stretch far enough...I started with about 6ft. extra over the front of the pen and work down length wise and when I got about 12 ft. the netting got really tight and I couldn't stretch it any further with keeping it tight along the board....should I leave it loose when I staple it onto the boards because when I was nailing it to the boards I was keeping it tight...this might not make that much sense, but bear with a first time netting guy :angel:

This is one reason I mentioned "temporary" fasteners.

You are probably stretching it too far in the lengthwise direction.  Another reason for working a shorter distance on each side.  Now you only have to undo part of it.  If you had gone the full length, then gotten it too tight, you would have had to undo the full length.

As you go along, stretching it, look up through the netting.  Everything should be square.  Square in the constrution sense.  The openings themselves will be hexagons.  Equi-lateral, and equi-angular, or true hexagons, not oblong.  If they are oblong lengthwise with the pen, it is too tight.  If they are oblong across the pen, it is too loose.   This should be apparent, once you look at it with this in mind.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 08:44:38 AM by wildergamebirds » Logged

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2007, 09:11:27 AM »

I have been doin a few feet at a time....I did wonder if I was not quite right when the netting looks wierd shaped...you want all of the opening to be in a line and be like this <><><><><><> all the way across right? Thanks for the Help!                           

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »