Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:40:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Site Announcements/Promotions/Feedback
| |-+  Site and Forum Announcements/ Feedback
| | |-+  Have you ever noticed…
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have you ever noticed…  (Read 17929 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: August 25, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »

.....how many views there are in a specific topic compared to the amount of replies?

Have you ever noticed that, when you see a post from a new comer, and decide to check their profile for location and age it is never filled in?

Have you ever check the membership files and noticed all the members that haven’t posted?

Just curious……..  Comments anyone??? Or will this be another one of those topics that get the views but no replies.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 06:17:57 PM »

Yes, I have noticed. I espeacially hate when you have 25+ views to your topic and no replies.

Forrest
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

Yes, I have noticed. I espeacially hate when you have 25+ views to your topic and no replies.

Forrest

Congratulations Forrest!

You are the first poster in four views. How do you feel about members' not filling out their profile?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »

Forrest,
I noticed that you were checking your profile.. At least you don't have a problem showing your age and location. Good for you.. I have more respect for you then the others that don't file out the profiles.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »

Thanks

I also hate when you can't find were people are located when buying something or trying to see if anyone lives by you.

Forrest
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 07:55:52 PM »

Have you noticed how some people will send a 3 word reply to topics, just to build up there posting rating? I've seen it on other forums also, then they can rapidly advance from newbie to expert.My profile is complete :angel:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 08:13:45 PM »

Can you tell I only live a little ways from Reeves?
 I started here doing searchs, long before I registered, one thing I have noticed is that alot of the people that used to post haven't been active for quite some time.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 09:18:59 PM »

Have you noticed how some people will send a 3 word reply to topics, just to build up there posting rating? I've seen it on other forums also, then they can rapidly advance from newbie to expert.My profile is complete :angel:

1. YES   2.  I   3.  HAVE

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 09:36:53 PM »

Opps !
I don't think I've up-dated my profile for a long time. I may have to have a peek.

I sometimes will lool at a new topic and want to wait before posting, of know another person with better knowledge that may answer.

I also post short sometimes, but it has nothing to do with post count. I don't keep track of counts or karma's. Both have good/bad about them.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 10:17:17 PM »

Actually, I need to go back and check my profile.  I have no idea how complete it is.  I've thought this before when someone has complained that a lot of people don't fill them out.  Maybe I'll actually do it, soon.

I know I generally fill out just the minimum when checking a new site.  If it's a dud, even that may be a waste of time.  Then don't think much about finishing it, later.  I would bet most people do this, and never think of it, again.

On the buy/sell ads location can be very important.  And when someone asks about brooders, or waterers in Dec.  Otherwise how much does it matter in the case of a "3 posts, and gone" guy, or a total birlover. (that starts with an A).   And if someone never posts, what does it matter who, or where they are?  Heck, maybe they use the search button and find everything they need.

And,....  is 25 views with no reply worse then 24 replies from people who have their timing set to fire a little later than manufacturers specifications?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
olson4u2

Maia and me going duck hunting

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 11:24:18 PM »

I read this forum everyday, sometimes twice. I look at almost every new post and any time I feel I have something useful to add, I  add it. The experts on this forum are just that good and that fast at helping that my two cents usually are not required. As for the profile, I guess that some people just figure that if they give crap advice and bullshit info then no one can call them on it.
Steve Olson
Olson Gamebirds
Ronan Montana
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 11:43:20 PM »

:grin:

If someone does not register, the posted pictures will not show up on their screen. Plus, there are some features on the site that are "inoperable or unobtainable" unless you are a member.

Also, as Larry has mentioned in the past, this site is viewed all over the world and alot of schools use it for classroom information and may not be able to respond (good thing), alot of guests (counts as views to your post) may not have any input?

Although, as a registered member, at least the correct age and a general location would help everyone alot. You'd be surprised who's in your area that has what you need. (Birds, Eggs, Equipment, hunting grounds, dogs, hand feeding formulas :eek:, pelt stretchers, 'shine, bacon, etc.)

That's just my .50 cents. (inflation, .02 cents doesn't quite cut the mustard anymore)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 09:06:21 AM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 06:13:20 AM »

And,....  is 25 views with no reply worse then 24 replies from people who have their timing set to fire a little later than manufacturers specifications?

:laugh:
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 08:45:58 AM »

:
And,....  is 25 views with no reply worse then 24 replies from people who have their timing set to fire a little later than manufacturers specifications?

Guys You know what I meant :laugh:

Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 08:47:45 AM »

Guys You know what I meant :laugh:

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »