Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2022, 03:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42418 Posts in 6015 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Alabama
| | | |-+  Breeder permit???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breeder permit???  (Read 5833 times)
« on: July 31, 2007, 02:34:56 PM »

I have contacted the State and was directed to the county office. I left a message on the machine but still no call back. Can anyone tell me if a breeder permit is required in Alabama to raise BW quail? I will not be selling the birds or turning them out into the wild.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 02:55:51 AM »

its required in every state thru the fish and game dept.
Expert Member

Karma: 132
Offline Offline

Posts: 1544

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 03:56:11 AM »

  You've probably already check this site:

 On page 9 of the PDF there is a commercial license listed, for $25,  and a propagation license for $1 (both available from department of Conservation and Natural Resources headquarters in Montgomery).  It appears that either would cover release, the cheap one for release on property "controlled" by the permit holder.  That would cover possesing them, on your own, or leased property.  It would also protect you if some escaped on your property, or if you used them for private dog training.  If there is a permit required to posses, raise, and eat Quail on your own property, it sure isn't listed.  If you have Quail, others will want to buy them from you.  You may want to keep this in mind while deciding what permit to buy.

  If you call back, and ask for a propagation permit, by name, you might get a correct answer.  Your local law enforcement (game) officer can usually give you a better, and straight answer.  That is, if you can catch him, they are usually pretty overworked.

  Next best might be to find someone nearby, who sells Quail.  They should know what permits are required of their customers.  Try this site for list to pick from:

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:02:23 PM »

I got a number from the sheriff today and contacted local game warden's office, they informed me that no permitt is required if the birds are for personal use and not being sold or used for training.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!