Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:36:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Bobs and Pharoah
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bobs and Pharoah  (Read 2776 times)
honda2hummer
« on: October 10, 2006, 11:31:14 AM »

I have been seeing that my birds have lost some feathers on the lower backs. I am sure that if from pecking each other. I have very big cages now and I have 8 females to 3 males in all my cages. So I don't know why they are acting like this. I have high protein feed and water at all times. Can ya'll tell me what is wrong. And another thing I have not had any eggs yet, are are old enough by far. I also started keeping a light on them and still nothing
Hawkman
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 01:42:43 PM »

I have been feeding my Pharoahs Nutrena game bird breeder and providing crushed egg shell and oyster grit to supplement the calcium. Protein is around 17 to 19% and calcium is 2.7%. They have to have the calcium to produce eggs. I read on the board somewhere that too much protein is not good for the hens over a long period of time. It took my birds a while to start laying but when they did, they started with a bang. I have 18 females and I get 16 to 18 eggs a day. I keep the light on them all night.
Don't give up. They'll start soon.

Tony
JohnInDixon
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:34:20 PM »

I don't do Bobs but I think they're done for the season. Coturnix will go all the time I'm told.  Keep the lights on and be sure they have plenty of food (they like a constant source) and I too supplement the calcium with crushed oyster shells.

g'luck

John
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »