Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:52:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Still-air temperature
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Still-air temperature  (Read 4735 times)
Pheasantman
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:32:47 PM »

Hi,

I am new to this incubation thing and need to know a good temperature for a still-air incubator.  I will be hatching coturnix and pheasant eggs.  I have heard some sources say 99.5 F for a still-air while others say 103 F.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
birdinwithblue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:45:07 PM »

hi Pheasantman , i'm knew at this also i've done a lot of reading up on it and for a sill air is 100 f and a forced air is 99.5 . but i've had a good hatch and having one right now . i have a forced air and it stays on 100 f most of the time . 103 is a little hot .
deadeye1

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 11:45:18 PM »

Quote from: Pheasantman
Hi,

I am new to this incubation thing and need to know a good temperature for a still-air incubator.  I will be hatching coturnix and pheasant eggs.  I have heard some sources say 99.5 F for a still-air while others say 103 F.  Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
I had just type a long message and got erased because of lost connection.I'll make it short.Get a Brinsea thermometer and small water weasel at www.shilala.com/therm.html

I was on this forum before,But some how i lost my idenity
deadeye1

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 11:56:16 PM »

Quote from: birdinwithblue
hi Pheasantman , i'm knew at this also i've done a lot of reading up on it and for a sill air is 100 f and a forced air is 99.5 . but i've had a good hatch and having one right now . i have a forced air and it stays on 100 f most of the time . 103 is a little hot .
103 is correct for still air with an accurate thermometer

I was on this forum before,But some how i lost my idenity
quailacres
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 01:37:51 PM »

You'll find that still air incubators will not hatch your quail eggs as well as a forced air machine. There are several reasons for this, most particularly that the air is more evenly distributed around the eggs in a forced air incubator. The temperature of up to 103 degrees that you mentioned is pretty standard for a variety of still air machines. :D
birdinwithblue
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 09:33:23 PM »

sorry i miss lead ya . i guess 103 is good . good luck
Pheasantman
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 11:54:53 PM »

Thanks for all the help! I think I'm ready to hatch some eggs!

Pheasantman
Superbird
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 12:00:53 PM »

If you keep the temp. in a still air between 100 and 103 with the right humidity you will hatch eggs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »