Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:37:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Pennsylvania
| | | |-+  Do I need a permit for Cortunix Quail?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do I need a permit for Cortunix Quail?  (Read 17096 times)
monarc23

« on: July 19, 2008, 02:35:06 AM »

Just as the subject states do I need a permit to raise/sell/hatch Cortunix quail? I know I have to if i want to with Bob White but does this also apply for Cortunix? Thanks!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:21:36 AM »

Just as the subject states do I need a permit to raise/sell/hatch Cortunix quail? I know I have to if i want to with Bob White but does this also apply for Cortunix? Thanks!

Why don't you get it straight from the horses mouth, and ask the PA Game Commission? Don't you think that would be the best way to go?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
monarc23

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 01:09:49 PM »

I did and I haven't heard back from them yet. Thanks for nothing.  s176
monarc23

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »

Someone was nice enough to let me know on another forum. :) ANyone in Pennsylvania who is curious. Cortunix Quail ARE allowed to be owned bred and sold in Pennsylvania WITHOUT permits because they are not a native species where as I guess bobwhite quail are. :) I sent my order out for 100 eggs and I cannot wait!!! :)

Niki
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 04:34:21 AM »

Someone was nice enough to let me know on another forum. :) ANyone in Pennsylvania who is curious. Cortunix Quail ARE allowed to be owned bred and sold in Pennsylvania WITHOUT permits because they are not a native species where as I guess bobwhite quail are. :) I sent my order out for 100 eggs and I cannot wait!!! :)

Niki

Well Niki, good for you j2  Now as long as you are getting them within your state, your good to go.

If you are getting them ship to you from out of state, you better check with the Pennsylvania Dept of Agriculture on the importation requirements.

Have a nice day and   s016 to the board.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
monarc23

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »

I am :)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 10:24:09 PM »

Just like a girl...she cant WAIT......

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
glenn-bob

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 12:02:52 AM »

Hatching, and raising Quail without patients.

This could be intrestin'
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 06:42:59 AM »

Steve one thing about it.....You can take a punch.... s020 s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 10:27:54 AM »

Or he has taken so many to the head, he doesn't even know he has been hit!

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 11:29:27 AM »

Or he has taken so many to the head, he doesn't even know he has been hit!

I know,  s020 what can I tell ya, cept, I am getin tired from beetn the same dead horse.

These want-a-be bird raisers have no concept of the laws. They come onto a site asking laws pertaining to their state, and when you give them an answer as to check with there state DNR, they cop the attitude.

So my answer in all actuality was a smart a$$ answer. Naturally she has to come back and with some kind of remark. I am willing to bet that she didn't even check Pennsylvania Dept of Agriculture, on any other regulations since these are also listed as poultry.

I remain  s12

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »