Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:48:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  New Website is up, feedback please....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Website is up, feedback please....  (Read 17871 times)
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

I got mandated to work this weekend, and with the little extra time I had, I recompiled the site again. Will hopefully get it uploaded in the next day or two, and will let yas know when it's up. Thank you so much to all of you helping me troubleshoot it...

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
greyghost
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 07:34:24 PM »

Hey Mag, loaded well for me, DSL user. Good or bad, not bad. One thing; a bit long winded, for example: on Bobwhite's, stop at " table fare" and  " beginners" Otherwise quite good, I may be looking for some Bob's soon. Not a bad price. Dave.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 08:24:01 AM »

Hey Mag, loaded well for me, DSL user. Good or bad, not bad. One thing; a bit long winded, for example: on Bobwhite's, stop at " table fare" and  " beginners" Otherwise quite good, I may be looking for some Bob's soon. Not a bad price. Dave.

greyghost,

What does the address bar on top show on each individual area?

I still get the samething as before, the only page that has anything is the main page.

All other pages are blank with the code on the bottom bar reading

About us: index_Files/Page401.html

Eggs: index_Files/Page1467.html

Flight Birds: index_Files/Page2039.html

Contact Us: index_Files/Page1399.html

Shipping: index_Files/Page695.html

Form: index_Files/Page336.html

I am running Hughes Satelite, so I don't think this has any bearing on the issues of the pages not showing up.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2008, 05:29:20 AM »

BTT

Chris,

Still nothing showing up. I even placed this index_Files/Page401.html
at the end of http://www.mmgamebirds.com/

and this was the results: Not Found
The requested URL /mmgamebirds/index_Files/Page401.html was not found on this server.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2008, 08:11:51 AM »

Morning Steve:
I wonder if your firewall is set too high for this site. I am on 33.6kbps dial-up, and Chris's site loads for me.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2008, 09:52:24 AM »

2/27

Same ole thing here at home on dial-up, haven't had a chance to check it at work on DSL.  Main page loads and that's it. It has to be the website, I have never had any problems with any other website whatsoever.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »

Morning Steve:
I wonder if your firewall is set too high for this site. I am on 33.6kbps dial-up, and Chris's site loads for me.

No it isn' my firewall. Any other member website that I have visited all come up with no problems. On the address bar, no matter what link I select it still remains the same. http://www.mmgamebirds.com/

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Oh and by the way, nice tree stand. j2 Do you know the guy who built it?

RedOakGamebirds
Administrator
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2008, 04:02:42 PM »

Juat tried it on our connection here at work (10MB) and every page loads fine.  Wouldnt load for me at home yesterday (1.5MB).

We manufacture egg shipping foam!
Pollorum/Typhoid/Avian Free
NPIP 52-186
Member NAGA and Virginia Game Bird Asociation
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2008, 04:33:53 PM »

It works fine here at home.

Must be something to do on magnumhntr's end? I remember you host at home so could be a setting or dns issues?

If you guys right click the links on the page and copy and use that link, does it work?
i.e. http://webpages.charter.net/mmgamebirds/index_Page1467.html
Bird Brained
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »

Chris,
Something is messed up with the navigation buttons, I think.  Home page loads perfect for me.

No matter which navigation button I click, I get a solid white page.

However, If I manually change the address bar to the page I want to view It takes me to that page, changes the dot infront of the navigation button to blue from tan and I can see every page by doing this.

Example:
http://mmgamebirds.com/ is the homepage.  If I manually type index_Page401.html behind the last slash, it takes me to the "about us" page and I can see it just fine.
bobhunter

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2008, 05:45:57 PM »

Home page looking good but that's all I see now.
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »

Thanks guys. I think I am on to something. I had to reload my computer over the weekend, and windows XP installs IE6 initially. After reloading windows, I went to work on the site, and using IE6 I got the same problem, but when using IE7 and Firefox, I could surf the site with no problems. So, I think it is a IE6 issue, and I'm trying to figure out what it may be that the site needs to be compatible with IE6. Let me know what browser you're using so I can get a better handle on it.

Thank you guys! Truely a help!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2008, 06:42:54 PM »

Chris;
I have IE7, and have been able to upload all your site from the very first try.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008, 03:18:17 AM »

Chris,

I have version 6

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

laughingbear

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2008, 08:48:43 PM »

First post, but been lurking for a while....

I know this thread is kinda old, but ...

I am a Computer Nerd by trade.  I noticed that your host it charter.net.  are you on charter service for your house?  Are you using the included webspace for your site?  Alot of providers that have that service.  They are most likely throttling your bandwidth during peak times.  This could be why we are getting some images, and some people are not getting them.  If person a visited when not throttling, and get the pics, and then visited during peak times, your pc will have the pics cached and will not need to copy them from the server, but will get them out of temp internet files.

There should be no diff in the way a client access's your site (other than load times.)  The server will not know that you are on dialup, DSL, T1, OC48, all it see's is an ip address requesting a page, and then it sends the page to the ip address requesting it. 

Tell ya what, i have a server on a 10 meg pipe, quad power, and quad cooling (air conditioners), that i have leased.  My customers foot the bill for the server already, and have mad space left.  If interested, i will set ya up an account, and we can transfer it to there.  Servers been running for over 3 years non-stop.  It is red hat linux enterprise.  you can run php, mysql, imap, pretty much anything ya want on it, just no front page.  It does not play well with linux (high load times, errors in scripts, etc).  Give ya some email addys too like, yourname@yoursite.com.

Trade ya for some eggs?

Hit me up..
kress dot lyall at gmail dot com

replace the dots with . and the at with @

\\tring to keep spam bots down
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:51:33 PM by laughingbear » Logged

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.