Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:07:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| | |-+  What happen to all the Dove?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What happen to all the Dove?  (Read 5142 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: September 12, 2007, 07:44:34 AM »

Since the season opening here in WV, they have all disappeared from my farm. I haven't even fired a shot and now they are no where to be found.

Anyone else having any luck?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 06:50:54 PM »

perhaps there were some hunts close by that scared them off?
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 08:10:46 PM »

The cold fronts coming thru here<Texas> is bringing them all to us. :laugh:
kansasquail

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 08:20:48 PM »

well i live in central Kansas and me and a few buddies went out and got 63 dove in one afternoon.. just about enough for two dinners.. but so far this year we've had about our limit every day we've gone out..sorry bout your bad luck there they sure are fun to shoot..
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 10:07:06 PM »

I have never hunted them. But there are plenty of them around here. They are all over the roads and my yard  every morning. See them thoughout the woods in the day also.

Pheasant Hollow...........I believe that you have to get up and move to hunt this creature, not too many will land on your porch. Plus, keeping your eyes open may help some too.  :wink:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 06:30:50 AM »

I have never hunted them. But there are plenty of them around here. They are all over the roads and my yard  every morning. See them thoughout the woods in the day also.

Pheasant Hollow...........I believe that you have to get up and move to hunt this creature, not too many will land on your porch. Plus, keeping your eyes open may help some too.  :wink:

Hahahahahaha, Okay Cramps, ya got me on that one. I guess I have to get off the back deck then. I though these birds came to me since they also look for handouts.

Oct.6th ends the first of the 3 way split Dove season. I guarantee they will be back on the deck again.

That is the same way with the deer here on my farm. They come to the apple tree here while we are sitting on the deck no more the 20 feet away. I have collected apples and tossed it to them. As soon as archery season comes, they will be gone.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 10:12:53 AM »

They are everywhere here (Eastern CA).  You wanna come hunt?  Come on over.  :laugh:

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »

They are everywhere here (Eastern CA).  You wanna come hunt?  Come on over.  :laugh:

I'd love to, but the plane fare would be too much.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »