Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:07:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  On day 20 w/ a reptipro incubator
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: On day 20 w/ a reptipro incubator  (Read 4605 times)
Sarah92780

Personal Text

« on: October 15, 2013, 07:11:56 PM »

This is my first time trying to hatching quail eggs. I have 23 bobwhite quail in a reptipro incubator witch I have to manually turn each day. We started with 30 but I candled them on day 12 and took out the empty ones. I'm just so nervous and hoping for a good hatch rate, the kids and I are so excited. With this incubator the temp does flexuate a degree or two so I'm constantly checking and adjusting it. Has anyone ever used a reptile incubator to hatch quail eggs? ( I also have 6 Quinea fowl in there :) they are on day 21)
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 09:34:16 PM »

Hello.. and welcome  I've turned eggs by hand but never in a reptile incubator.. nor have I mixed guineas with quail eggs.. tho I would think others have at least tried.. a little more info might shed some light.. what's your temp? humidity? where do you have your incubator located?  Does the room have a stable temp free of draft.. just spill it.. all the detail you can think of .. I have to run in just a sec but someone ought to see your msg shortly..
Sarah92780

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 08:35:44 AM »

Well I had no idea the incubation process was so complex until about halfway through when I started researching. A friend of mine told me how her son found some of her guinea eggs  and put them in a shed without her knowing and they hatched. So I thought I would have no problem hatching in a incubator lol
My temp has been around 99-100 (forced air bator) humidity around 50-60% on day 20 I raised it to 75-80%. It this bator they have been on there side because it's hard on these racks to put lil end down , do u think that will be a problem? I was rotating twice a day. Occasionally I would check and temp would be off at 98-101' So I would adjust the temp, do u think that will hurt them? I moved them to the bottom on day 20.
We were not planning on doing this, my daughter found some chk eggs at my in-laws and they said they could be fertile. I thought it would be fun for my daughter to hatch some chicks so we grabbed my cousins incubator and found out at day 12 they were not fertile, she was bummed so I decided to order some guineas fowl on eBay and my husband ordered quail (I didn't know) so here we are dk2 we are all ready for these little babies and excited. I just hope I didn't mess it up too bad!!
Sarah92780

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:57:15 AM »

Here's the other problem the incubator say 102 but my digital says 99.5 w/ 75% humidity ?? gi8 we have the incubator in the pantry (it's a big walkin that wraps under the staircase) 
Sarah92780

Personal Text

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 09:00:17 PM »

We have piping :)) I will update when they hatch
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »