Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Oklahoma
| | | |-+  Do you need a license for BobWhite Quail?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you need a license for BobWhite Quail?  (Read 17800 times)
brewerweb
« on: September 05, 2004, 07:01:55 PM »

Hello,

I live in Oklahoma.  I am wondering if I need a license to buy/sell/raise bob whites.  Does anyone know, or do you know where I can find out?

Thanks, David Brewer
CHARLIE

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 11:56:31 PM »

HI
DONT KNW ABOUT YOUR STATE BUT HERE IN DELAWARE IF I RAISE BOBWHITES FOR MY OWN USE I DONT NEED A LICENSE, BUT SINCE I RAISE THEM TO SELL I HAVE TO HAVE ONE. I HAVE TO RENEW IT EVERY YEAR AND STATE WHAT I RAISE.QUAIL. PHEASANTS AND PARTRADGE. BUT MY LICENSE ONLY COST $11.50 A YEAR SO THATS NOT BAD AND IM LEGAL WITH THE STATE/ WHICH ALSO DOES A YEARLY PULLORUM TEST FOR ME (FREE TOO)
            BACKYARD GAMEBIRD FARM
              DELAWARE

WAS A ADVANCED MEMBER IN THE OLD FORUM
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 08:09:08 AM »

Yes you will need a permit if you are raising BobWhite, Scaled, or Ringneck pheasant since those are the recognized game birds here.  Oklahoma has two different permits, one for non-commercial game breeders (raising for your own use) and a commercial game breeders permit (for selling birds).  The non-commercial breeders permit is $25.00/year (I don't know the cost for the commercial permit).  They may have something listed about it on their web page www.wildlifedepartment.com or at least they will have the phone number to call them.

David
potshooter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 11:46:54 PM »

David,
Hi we to live in Oklahoma and renewed our licenses in July, for commercial license it is $48.00 (that is where you can buy and sell your birds) and $10.00 for non-commercial license ( most people get this kind if they are just raising the birds to train dogs with etc.)  Here is the number for the OK Dept. of Wildlife Conservation office 1-405-521-3719.  

PS.  If you need any bobwhite quail let me know.
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 07:30:22 PM »

Oops! thanks for the clarification on the fee.  Wife takes care of that and I must have had a senior moment.

David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »