Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:15:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Members Pictures
| | |-+  posting pictures
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: posting pictures  (Read 10869 times)
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« on: January 26, 2008, 07:58:20 PM »

could someone explain to me how to post pictures i have a few of my pens and birds and would like to share them sence everybody always wants to see how other people do things and have there operation set up s85
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 08:09:19 PM »

While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 08:20:59 PM »

I did that but it says the picture is to many KB how would you make it smaller where you could post it
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 08:50:36 PM »

You might try a picture hosting site. One like photobucket or something.

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »

First of all......turn your camera down to the lowest setting before taking the pictures.

Ex:   [ ] Best
       [ ] Better

• Good        ......use this one or whatever the lowest one is on your camera.

I found a free program on the internet that I downloaded to my computer.  It allows me to "right click" on any picture and then I click on "resize picture", and then it will shrink it down to size.  It works really good and is a very small program.  I would direct you to the site, but.......since, I put what I thought was the same program onto another computer and it is no longer free!!!   :x    Plus, I'd have to do some research to figure out what the name of the program even is. 

There's several sites that have all kinds of downloads, such as.... www.downloads.com, www.tucows.com.  You may do some digging around on those sites to see if there is a free program for resizing pictures.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 10:10:48 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
hunter3015

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 11:17:17 AM »

jim

I'm no computer geek but this is what i do.. 

1. right click on photo you wanna resize

2. click on the (open with) an if your computer has a photo edit program click on it mine   happens to microsoft photo editor

3. then the picture opens up and at the top of page has  File Edit View Image Effects Tools Windows Help

4. click on (image)  box drops down says Crop Resize Rotate,,,,,  click on the resize  -- box pops up to resize the photo, and adjust the photo to a smaller size.

hope this helps

Bad day hunting is better then a good day at work.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 01:26:19 AM »

Jim...if you didn't get it figured out, let us know.
I normally use Photobucket, as most of mine are too big (kb) as well.

When I take pictures, I had it set at the lowest setting on the camera. I would then crop and save at about 20% and still be too big for most forums. But at the bucket you can reduce them even further, as well as re-size so they fit forums.

I now have the cameras set at the highest settings. This way you'll end up with a high quality picture. But doing the above, you can still reduce them to fit a forum.
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »

O.K. I have posted some pictures on the photobucket web site now tell me how people can view them if you go to the site I guess you would look under jimmurray3 albums? hope this works will post more pictures later thank you jim and thank you reeves
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 09:32:48 PM »

O.K. I have posted some pictures on the photobucket web site now tell me how people can view them if you go to the site I guess you would look under jimmurray3 albums? hope this works will post more pictures later thank you jim and thank you reeves

Jimmurray3,

Post a link to the site.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2008, 09:39:23 PM »

not sure how i'm no computer geek sorry maybe it's http://photobucket.com
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 09:44:14 PM by jimmurray3 » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »

not sure how i'm no computer geek sorry

What's the website address?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
hunter3015

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2008, 09:47:15 PM »

i found Jims page here u go http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii231/jimmurray3/

Bad day hunting is better then a good day at work.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2008, 09:48:05 PM »

When you're on your page at "Photobucket".......right click on the address at the top of the page........a small screen will appear and then click on "copy".  

Then when you are posting on this site.........just "right click" again where the message is to go.......and click on "paste".

Make sense?     :-|

It will look something like this when you are done:

http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=4119.0

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »

s47

Sorry.

"hunter3015" and I must have been posting at the same time.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 09:53:37 PM »

Jimmurray3,

Nice set up..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »