Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:32:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Pheasant with Ruffled Feathers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pheasant with Ruffled Feathers  (Read 3039 times)
Andrew S.

« on: September 03, 2007, 08:57:14 PM »

My uncle has a lady Amherst pheasant pair that have had "ruffled" feathers since he got them.  We thought that they would go away when they got new feathers, but there is no change.  Is there a certain reason for this problem, or are they just going to be that way?  It looks quite strange when you walk into the pen and there are two fuzz balls walking around!

Thank you,
Andrew S.

Central PA
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

I have had a few ringnecks that did these when juveniles but once they where full grown this went away and they have been "normal" ever since.  I am not sure why they was like this as the other all other have not been but it went away. Was funny however to see them looking like they just went thru a windstorm backwards and the feathers stuck for a while.
sugar run gamebirds

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 10:37:30 PM »

have these birds ever been in the rain or had water on them.sounds a little like they need to get the oil back in their feathers.just a suggestion.cause when they loose the oil that's on their feathers from not being in the elements they tend to ruffle up some.

Lenny
Sugar Run Gamebirds

Tennessee red,Mexican speckled, and bobwhite quail,chukar,ringneck pheasants

be careful what you say about a mans wife and kids but be DAMN careful what you say about his bird dogs......
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »