Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  sick bird, here's simptoms, you tell me what sounds wrong.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: sick bird, here's simptoms, you tell me what sounds wrong.  (Read 3302 times)
MochaChai
« on: August 09, 2004, 12:34:24 AM »

We have 4 courterinx quail. (as in my other post)(http://www.shaywood.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=655). I made this post at the same time about this particular bird that has been sickly for a while, and is getting worse.  She is an English, and is pretty small compared to the other english(we think she's been sick since hatched) She is very calm, and breathing makes slight clicking sounds if you listen-the other birds don't. Her nostrils on her beak are slightly wet, and always has a tilted head and is offbalance to that side slightly, we think the dirt made it worse. (the dirt as in the other post). Do you have ANY idea of what it might be? Is she just doomed? We're going to take her to the bird vet in 3 days and see if they figure out anything (she's a pet). Please try to answer if you have an idea either for something to help it or if you know what it is. Thanks!
-Mark
Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 09:18:46 AM »

I suppose it had to be something in the soil if that is all you have done differently.

As I said in your other post...take them to the vet.

Keep me posted.

Five Hollers Quail Farm
MochaChai
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:47:18 AM »

the others are usually fine, but this particular bird has always been off balance, and has always had the breathing trouble. But just now it got worse. This one didn't eat much dirt either, if any. She wasn't feeling good when we put her in the dirt.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »