Raising Gamebirds > General Discussion

New Bill Threatens Aviculture & other Pets....

(1/3) > >>

Dan Cowell:
Currently in Committee - H.R. 669: To prevent the introduction and establishment of nonnative wildlife species that negatively impact the economy, environment, or other animal species' or human health, and for other purposes.

The bill has been posted on http://www.gbwf.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=228 as well as addditonal links that provide more information.  We need to see that is killed in Committee and does not make it further.

Dan

Jake Levi:

Thanks Dan

This thing stinks. The Dems have gone mad. Or madder.  s80

jwinsor:
I'm as right wing as they come... but still feel that after reading this that it has good intentions.  My thoughts were that it is more toward the introduction of new and nonnative species that may threaten native ecosystems. (Released nonnative species)  I understand that my pheasants are nonnative, don't get me wrong there but would consider them established.  Maybe I'm wrong... I know that when new legistation goes in like this it seems that there is always a hidden agenda... maybe you all have seen far more of those hidden agendas than I have.

DoubleL911:
The first step in hanging is to tie the knot.
Larry Lain
www.doublelquailfarms.com

wildergamebirds:
  Excuse me, jwinsor, O'bomber dropped a bar of soap over there.  Would you be so kind as to pick it up?

I remember being on a road once, when I was young, that was totally paved with good intentions.  Free lunch of Rainbow Stew along the way.  Don't remember where it lead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version