Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:12:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  ammunition accountability
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ammunition accountability  (Read 16078 times)
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 11:04:39 PM »

I doubt it, unless they have that as part of their indoctrination rituals.  I had an acquaintance who was a Colorado Senator. (Damn, I keep some seedy company, huh)?  He always carried a few copies of the U.S. Constitution, the Declaration Of Independence, and the original Co. Constitution (the latest version is too bulky).

He swore none of his peers knew the first thing about what any of them contained.

He ended up leaving public service, due to threats on his family.  That was before they sent McVey to OKC, to make militias or any patriot look bad (he had nothing to do with either).  Kind of like leftists a century ago, began to make being vigilant, and standing against Government Tyranny, a bad thing.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
ode2god
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 08:24:32 PM »

sad thing  in a poor neighborhood there are kids that have ammo and guns and they arent regulated trust me ...if they put more time into rehabing neighborhoods and quit taking away the rights of law abiding citizens thered be less crime ...isnt that why hes supposedly trying to regulate ammo ?...the neighborhood punks dont go into the store to buy theirs, if he was in touch with the real world hed know that  s176
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2009, 06:19:31 AM »

sad thing  in a poor neighborhood there are kids that have ammo and guns and they arent regulated trust me ...if they put more time into rehabing neighborhoods and quit taking away the rights of law abiding citizens thered be less crime ...isnt that why hes supposedly trying to regulate ammo ?...the neighborhood punks dont go into the store to buy theirs, if he was in touch with the real world hed know that  s176

ode,

What do you want regulated. the kids or the guns and ammo..

That's why Florida was the first to put into law: The Castle Doctrine Law.

Doing rehab in those neighborhoods does nothing. The outcome is still the same.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
ode2god
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2009, 09:37:43 AM »

im sorry but idisagree if the kids were kept busy with project and not left to drift in idle hoards they get in less trouble ...they need to be taken in by guys like yourself and taken hunting and fishing ,most of them have little or no contact with their fathers and with the welfare reform act the moms are working but at the age of 12 day care ends and the streets raise them mhile the mom works ..no supervision and boredome and depression make these kids turn to bad habits ,lack of money  and bad influences  lead to them turning to crime to get what they want and the drug dealers know that the kids will do anything for money and with no one to stop it theyre carrying drugs and guns...i know first hand i live in one of the poorest neighborhoods in tampa, it was what i could afford ands i have no problems because the kids know i care about them i even drag them to church withg me...sorry to ramble but you asked for it p42
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 02:06:46 AM »

Thanks for the insight Wilder. I'm not worried, other than them pricing or regulating it to the point that I can't afford or get it. If the day would ever come that I would ever have the need to use such a weapon on another humaniod, those identification methods aren't going to mean anything at that point to me anyway.  It will be "game on" and I doubt there will be anybody around checking those numbers either.  Me and that "X-Sniper" dude will be good friends! 

:grin:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 04:10:24 AM »

It will also put a end to surplus ammo.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 05:43:58 AM »

Another thought, coded ammo.

Follow me on this, Say this goes through on a Federal level, and now you have to sign for the ammo purchase, and a paper trail has started. Just like the yellow ATF forms. Since the base of each projectile and inside the case would have matching code numbers, this would be in direct relationship to the purchaser, whether it is purchased in a box of 20-50-100-250-500 rounds and up.

Now lets say, you are at the range and you let 250 round down range, and just one of those rounds made it unscaved. This can happen with FMJs, now there are others at the range using coded ammo as well, either personal protection hollow points, copper clad.

Now remember, you sign for this ammo. Your signatures along with everyone else’s signatures are down range. You finally end your range time, you pick up your brass and head home.  We will assume all the other range patrons have done the same.

Two months go by and you get a call from the local copshop asking you to come down, and they won’t discuss query over the phone. Remember when you went to the range?

Keep in mind that your ammo has been coded and you signed for it.

You show up at the copshop, and you inform the desk sergeant that your are here, due to a phone call that you had receive by Detective John Doe.   Detective John Doe takes you to the interview room and asks you if you were involved in a shooting, Now you are wondering what is going on, and why are they questioning you..

Are you starting to get the Big Picture here?

You may now be a suspect to an ongoing investigation, and could be charged for a crime that you haven’t committed. The Detective has the paperwork in front of him from where you purchased that new coded ammo that you sign for, and he has informed you that they have found your spent round at the scene of the crime. You have informed the Detective that you didn’t give or sell any of your ammo, and this has to be a mistake, and all your ammo is accounted for, including all your spent brass to the best of your knowledge.

Remember that day at the Range?

Well some range rat, after hours was collecting all the left brass, and the lead and ball ammo at the berm for scrap. One of your target projectiles, out of thousands of spent rounds collected by the range rat, just happened to be usable and was reload, and used in the commission of a crime.

Food for thought!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

ode2god
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 12:21:02 PM »

scary thought pheasant but good point s178
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2009, 02:32:32 PM »

s178

Arrived in email as is

The Prospector

An old prospector shuffled into town leading an old tired mule. The old man
headed straight for the only saloon in town to clear his parched throat.

He walked up to the saloon and tied his old mule to the hitch rail. As he
stood there brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young
gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of
whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, 'Hey old
man, have you ever danced?'

The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, 'No, I never did dance, --
and just never wanted to.'

A crowd had gathered quickly and the gunslinger grinned and said, 'Well, you
old fool, you're gonna' dance now,' and started shooting at the old man's
feet. The old prospector in order to not get a toe blown off or his boots
perforated was soon hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet and
everybody was laughing fit to be tied.

When the last bullet had been fired the young gunslinger, still laughing,
holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.  The old man
turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double barreled shotgun, and cocked
both hammers back. The loud, audible double clicks carried clearly through
the desert air. The crowd stopped laughing immediately.  The young
gunslinger heard the sounds, too, and he turned around very slowly.  The
quiet was almost deafening.  The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at
the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin barrels.  He found it
hard to swallow.. The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's
hands.

The old man said, 'Son, did you ever kiss a mule's @$$?'

The boy bully swallowed hard and said,

'No. But I've always wanted to.'

There are two lessons for us all here:

1. Don't waste ammunition.

2. Don't mess with old people.

I just love a story with a happy ending.... Don't you?

ode2god
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »

j45 good one
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2009, 09:56:55 AM »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009
US Gun Sales Continue to Increase

24 Percent Jump in December Amid Gun-Owner Concerns
NEWTOWN, Conn. -- Despite a weak economy, gun sales are continuing to increase amid concerns that incoming lawmakers will institute a new gun ban on law-abiding Americans. Data derived from the FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) show a 24 percent increase in firearm purchaser background checks for the month of December 2008 (1,523,426 checks) over December 2007 (1,230,525 checks). This increase follows a 42 percent rise in NICS checks for the preceding month, the highest number of checks in NICS history. FBI background checks are required under federal law for all individuals purchasing firearms from federally licensed retailers. These checks serve as a strong indicator of actual sales.
A recent poll of hunters and target shooters by Southwick Associates Inc., in which 80 percent of respondents said they expect it will become more difficult to purchase firearms under the incoming administration and congress, explains the increase in sales.
"Sales of firearms, in particular handguns and semi-automatic hunting and target rifles, are fast outpacing inventory," said NSSF President and CEO Stephen L. Sanetti. "It's clear that many people are concerned about possible gun bans under the incoming Congress and are reacting accordingly."
According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), the large increase in demand for firearms has led to a shortage of Form 4473s -- the Firearms Transaction Record which must be filled out any time a person buys a firearm from a licensed retailer. As a temporary measure, ATF is allowing FFLs to photocopy the form 4473 in its entirety until they receive their orders from the ATF Distribution Center. NSSF has reminded retailers of the newly launched Electronic Form 4473 which is free and downloadable from the ATF Web site.
Final year-end NICS data reveals a total of 12,709,023 background checks reported in 2008, up 14 percent from 2007.
For more information on gun sale statistics, legislative issues and general firearm related questions, please visit the NSSF Web site at www.nssf.org -- the media's resource for all things about the firearms and ammunition industry.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2009, 10:23:31 AM »

Quote from: Reeves
A recent poll of hunters and target shooters by Southwick Associates Inc., in which 80 percent of respondents said they expect it will become more difficult to purchase firearms under the incoming administration and congress, explains the increase in sales.

That's not the entire reason by any means, they don't want to publish or admit too the real reasons. 80% may have said that, but that wasn't the first thing that came out of their mouth.

I've had ammo on backorder since early November and there is no projected ship date either.   s47  I should have got on the wagon earlier?

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2009, 10:54:02 AM »

Ten Good Reasons To Ban Guns

1.) Guns are used in self-defense over 2 million times a year. However, this makes the attempted crime a "non-event," which necessarily complicates the Police investigation. Without civilian ownership of guns, these Police investigations would not have been compromised. Civilians should leave crime prevention to the Police, who are properly equipped to investigate following the crime's completion.

2.) Some .004 % (4/1000 of 1%) of guns are used in crime each year. This is way too high. All guns should be banned

3.) Guns are unnecessary. In 98% of civilian gun defenses, no shot is fired. If you are not going to fire a shot, you clearly don't need a gun. This proves that the guns are unnecessary. Banning guns will prevent these unnecessary defenses.

4.) Guns cause criminal migration. In tough gun-law Washington, D. C., violent crime rates are very high. This high crime rate is caused by the migration of criminals from gun havens like Virginia. This migration is caused by the criminal's cowardly avoidance of armed householders and concealed-carry civilians. This criminal migration is detrimental to helpless unarmed citizens in no-gun areas and must be stopped. Guns should be banned everywhere.

5.) Most gun crimes are committed by inner city gangs and drug dealers. These relatively small and geographically restricted groups consistently commit the majority of gun crimes, which usually peak as turf wars erupt over Drug War changes. The best way to prevent this is by denying guns to all law abiding people everywhere.

6.) No woman needs to protect herself from rape, assault or murder. The Police will protect women by investigating the crime after the fact. Remember, Police paperwork is all the protection anyone really needs.

7.) Guns owners are disrespectful of authority. Good citizens should completely rely on the authorities. A failure to do so is an invariable sign of improper and overly independent attitudes. Failure to completely and absolutely trust and depend on the authorities is excessive democracy and sends a bad message to children.

8.) Guns owners engaging in self-defense are taking the law into their own hands. This is wrong. Only the Police and Criminals have the right to take the law into their own hands. Guns should be kept out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

9.) Children and young people should remain ignorant about guns. Real guns and real gun knowledge dissipate the fantasies created by violent video games and TV. Ignorance, once lost, can never be restored and needs to be protected. Not to mention the lost sales of all the violent movies, TV shows, video games, etc!

10.) Guns reduce people's reliance on the Police and Government. This fosters a mistaken belief in "rights". No person has the right to question authority. No person should be less than 100% dependent on authority. This is fundamental to social order. Banning guns will help to establish the Order the authorities want. This is good.

Gun Control - Simple Solutions for Simple Minds
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2009, 01:15:49 PM »

Good post Reeves,

Do you have a link to this source or is this from the X-Sniper?

Ten Good Reasons To Ban Guns

1.) Guns are used in self-defense over 2 million times a year. However, this makes the attempted crime a "non-event," which necessarily complicates the Police investigation. Without civilian ownership of guns, these Police investigations would not have been compromised. Civilians should leave crime prevention to the Police, who are properly equipped to investigate following the crime's completion.

2.) Some .004 % (4/1000 of 1%) of guns are used in crime each year. This is way too high. All guns should be banned

3.) Guns are unnecessary. In 98% of civilian gun defenses, no shot is fired. If you are not going to fire a shot, you clearly don't need a gun. This proves that the guns are unnecessary. Banning guns will prevent these unnecessary defenses.

4.) Guns cause criminal migration. In tough gun-law Washington, D. C., violent crime rates are very high. This high crime rate is caused by the migration of criminals from gun havens like Virginia. This migration is caused by the criminal's cowardly avoidance of armed householders and concealed-carry civilians. This criminal migration is detrimental to helpless unarmed citizens in no-gun areas and must be stopped. Guns should be banned everywhere.

5.) Most gun crimes are committed by inner city gangs and drug dealers. These relatively small and geographically restricted groups consistently commit the majority of gun crimes, which usually peak as turf wars erupt over Drug War changes. The best way to prevent this is by denying guns to all law abiding people everywhere.

6.) No woman needs to protect herself from rape, assault or murder. The Police will protect women by investigating the crime after the fact. Remember, Police paperwork is all the protection anyone really needs.

7.) Guns owners are disrespectful of authority. Good citizens should completely rely on the authorities. A failure to do so is an invariable sign of improper and overly independent attitudes. Failure to completely and absolutely trust and depend on the authorities is excessive democracy and sends a bad message to children.

8.) Guns owners engaging in self-defense are taking the law into their own hands. This is wrong. Only the Police and Criminals have the right to take the law into their own hands. Guns should be kept out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

9.) Children and young people should remain ignorant about guns. Real guns and real gun knowledge dissipate the fantasies created by violent video games and TV. Ignorance, once lost, can never be restored and needs to be protected. Not to mention the lost sales of all the violent movies, TV shows, video games, etc!

10.) Guns reduce people's reliance on the Police and Government. This fosters a mistaken belief in "rights". No person has the right to question authority. No person should be less than 100% dependent on authority. This is fundamental to social order. Banning guns will help to establish the Order the authorities want. This is good.

Gun Control - Simple Solutions for Simple Minds

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2009, 02:10:37 PM »

s98

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »