Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:59:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Wanted: Valley Quail in Southern CA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanted: Valley Quail in Southern CA  (Read 2097 times)
JessBeePaws

« on: September 22, 2009, 01:07:31 AM »

I have a wild strain california valley quail male and I'd like to get him a girlfriend or two. The breeder I bought him from had an unfortunate dog accident and lost his whole flock and I'm also having a lot of trouble finding any other breeders in southern california. I'm willing to pay for shipping if I can get them at a reasonable price. I have someone in central CA willing to sell me a pair for $50 a pair but that seems really too much to pay for quail, and that isn't even including the shipping cost! I'd prefer wild strain females, but domestic is fine. I am just concerned about them being able to sit on their own eggs. I have had terrible luck incubating eggs on my own. :-(

I'd also like a second pair of quail... any kind really. I already have a pair of bobwhites so I'd like another pair to add to the mix and keep things interesting. hehe :-)  j2

My posse: 1 Valley Quail & 2 Bobwhites.
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »

you might find what you're looking for here http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/pdffiles/licensedgamebreeders.pdf with a few phone calls

DarrenS

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 02:35:31 AM »

Well, the "wild strain" birds might at least prove to be good producers as there shouldn't be much of an inbreeding factor.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »