Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Christmas Menu.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Menu.....  (Read 51163 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »

This is a birdlover17 thread.............that means it's open season, no bag limit

Good one Reeves  j41

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2008, 06:15:14 PM »

Don't them mushroom clouds leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling.
Screw the fishing, I'm going to the nearest peeler bar.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »

Here's my Christmas Menu   c181                                                                                                                     c181

Christmas Eve (fish night): No meat is traditionally eaten on this night, not even a speck.

-Stuffed Calamari (squid)
-Sauteed broccoli raab
-Cabbage, Potatoes and this type of salted fish called cod or Bacaloa in italian
-Octupus...trust me its good
-Clams, mussels, and shrimp cooked in a tomato sauce with herbs and a few other ingredients.
and other things that i have to decide if i'll make or not...

opps i forgot dessert ....    i'll probably make a panettone cake, italian torrone (its like a candy with nuts really good) or some kind of italian christmas dessert.

Now's Christmas Day (meats allowed s020)

-Roasted Turkey with potatoes (i know made that for thanksgiving but i enjoyed it so much i promised myself to make one for christmas, hey its mentioned in The Christmas Song.
-Green Bean casserole
-a nice Salad

thats what i have so far i will add some more stuff this week.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:37:22 PM by birdlover17 » Logged

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2008, 04:51:37 PM »

How do you stuff a squid ?????

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2008, 05:17:32 PM »

Well for stuffing a squid you have to clean the inside of the squid, then remove this plastic looking thing that looks like a pen, and stuff it with whatever you like, i'm stuffing mine with breadcrumbs, garlic, herbs those things, then you take two toothpicks to secure the ends so they dont burst and allow the stuffing to come out, i had it one time while in italy a while back, i can still taste it. 

Suz658
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 05:38:59 PM »

I make Cumi Cumi Isi for my KP now & again, which is Squid stuffed with minced Snapper in sauce of shallots, Thai Chili's, Lemon Grass & coconut milk ..... I don't eat mind cos' .... it looks gross .   

KP & the also kids like Aussie BBQ'd Baby Octopus marinated in Chili, Garlic & white wine, but I refuse to handle the ugly little suckers !!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 06:03:45 PM by Suz658 » Logged
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2008, 07:14:44 PM »

Tie it's tentacles, bend it over a barrel.......  then do like birdlover said.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 12:00:17 AM »

OK the barrel part I can do....but I will just stick to my Turkey Fries......

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
greyghost
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 12:23:40 AM »

Birdlover and Suz, please stop I'm getting hungry! I was in Greek town in Chicago and had a great Braised Octopus in a red wine sauce. Major YUMMMMM!

I'm doing a crown roast of pork, with my own pear stuffing. c181
Suz658
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 10:59:22 AM »

You should try this! ...... Sure to bring smiles from your guests!

Here is a novel way to prepare your Christmas Turkey.

1. Cut out aluminium foil in desired shapes.

2. Arrange the turkey in the roasting pan, position the foil carefully. (see attached  picture for details)

3. Roast according to your own recipe and serve.

4. Watch your guests' faces...

May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey be plump,
May your potatoes and gravy Have never a lump.
May your puddings be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Christmas dinner
Stay off your thighs!

Happy Christmas Everyone!

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 12:59:42 PM »

SUZ only you would come up with that!!!!!  s020  s020  s020

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 03:16:52 PM »

Birdlover and Suz, please stop I'm getting hungry! I was in Greek town in Chicago and had a great Braised Octopus in a red wine sauce. Major YUMMMMM!

I'm doing a crown roast of pork, with my own pear stuffing. c181

Yeah i know i can't wait for christmas dinner, i'm trying to eat a little less so that i'll be ready for the big day. Yeah i like the octupus boiled then added with olive oil over the top, but i bet braised would be good too especially with that red wine. A crown of pork sounds great, i might make pork for new years. 
Does everyone have their Christmas Menu's ready to go?
I hope your all ready.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 03:25:07 PM »

Can opener standing by !

:grin:
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 03:55:59 PM »

Yeah i know i can't wait for christmas dinner, i'm trying to eat a little less so that i'll be ready for the big day.

Shouldn't pick at you over such a meaningless thing, but I think your lack of experience may have misled you, here.

Wouldn't it be better to cram with anything you can get your paws on up until 24 hours before the big feed?  Stretch your stomach, then fast for 18-24 hours, just before diving in?  Going into the main event with a stomach the size of a walnut might hinder your work.

I'm not sure about this, but that's my plan.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 04:09:44 PM »

[
  Shouldn't pick at you over such a meaningless thing, but I think your lack of experience may have misled you, here.

Wouldn't it be better to cram with anything you can get your paws on up until 24 hours before the big feed?  Stretch your stomach, then fast for 18-24 hours, just before diving in?  Going into the main event with a stomach the size of a walnut might hinder your work.

I'm not sure about this, but that's my plan.

no wilder your right, wouldn't be such a great idea to stopping eat a lot for a few days then gorge yourself with food.
I just read this article that during holidays or fesitivies the chances of a heart attack increase 1 to 3 hours after a big feast. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »