Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:35:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Propagation - Advanced Science
| | |-+  Cross breeding quail???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cross breeding quail???  (Read 7190 times)
robbor
« on: October 27, 2005, 02:31:01 AM »

Unrelated to the thread below, can or how would you cross bread quail???  like california valley quail and blue, for example?
dgmc
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:39:57 PM »

I dont know....Ive heard of button-bobwhites, but I dont know if the ca-valley would cross or not. I may try it if mine make it.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:08:28 PM »

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem : NEVER cross species !
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 09:47:17 AM »

I totally agree with Reeves...why the Hell would you even want to....and what purpose would it serve...you hav 2 perfectly good spieces...why would you want to screw them up...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
333_okh
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 10:06:53 PM »

Mutant crosses between species are never good.  They evolved from divergent regions and divergent evolution amongst a species to be different species.  I can guarantee they will not fill some unknown niche in the environment nor in the hunting world.

Hell, the bobwhite is an excellent flier and the mountain quail can run like no other.  If you combine the two I think you loose some of the running and some of the flying and you get the valley and the gambels.  The scaled and the Montezuma are best also left alone.

Today I saw a beagle Dachshund cross.  It was done on purposeā€¦.you tell me why?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »