Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 05:46:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Can't Stand the Heat!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Can't Stand the Heat!!!  (Read 4049 times)
openseason
« on: June 03, 2004, 09:16:26 AM »

:cry: Ugggg!

Placed my eggs in the incubator last night. It had been holding at 60% H and 100 Degrees for three days running. Someone in the house turned up the heat last night. I got up this morning to discover the temp at 106 degrees.

Arrrr!

What should I do? Are the eggs toast? Should I toss them or should I wait a week and candle?

This is my first batch ever too... CRAP.

OpenSeason
www.openseason.ca
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 08:30:36 PM »

Personally I'd wait and candle them but be prepared to throw them out.

David
derk1

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 08:54:53 PM »

I agree with David 100%
joe wares
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 12:06:42 PM »

I had the same problem with my last hatch. since I am new to raising
Quail I let them continue to Icubate. It was 106 for at least 5 hours
and I still hatched 27 out of 50 eggs but truthfully I was amazed to
get that many. I agree let them go and candle in a week.
County Line Gamebird Farm
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 01:39:53 PM »

I was incubating some mallard eggs one time and had the temp go up in excess of 110 degrees for several hours.  This happened probably 5 or 6 days.  I still had some hatch, although it wasn't a good hatch but several did hatch.  I would reccomend to just don't worry about it and continue on with the hatch, while monitoring to make sure it doesn't happen again.
openseason
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 07:15:25 AM »

Just an update. I candled the eggs last night and all of them seem to have activity. They've been in for (I believe) 8 days now. All the eggs have a spiderweb of red veins through them. I assume this is a good thing.

Question: Should I candle them again in a week to see if development continues or should I leave them alone and see if any hatch?

Thanks,

www.openseason.ca
openseason
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 07:15:44 AM »

Just an update. I candled the eggs last night and all of them seem to have activity. They've been in for (I believe) 8 days now. All the eggs have a spiderweb of red veins through them. I assume this is a good thing.

Question: Should I candle them again in a week to see if development continues or should I leave them alone and see if any hatch?

Thanks,

www.openseason.ca
MochaChai
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 11:27:31 PM »

i've NEVER hatched any kind of bird before besides Chickens. My dad made a chicken incubator, and wrote a program to control the temp. One day, my sister decided to play a computergame on the computer running the incubator program. When she quit the program, the temp was at 107degrees, the program froze because of the game. Only 1 chicken hatched out of 5. Usually we would get 4/5. I'm not sure if quail eggs are more sensitive. I say wait and candle them.
Superbird
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 09:39:25 AM »

Your computer runs the heat control in your incubator????? Please explain.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »