Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:40:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Bought The Farm
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bought The Farm  (Read 6495 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: July 01, 2004, 10:14:16 AM »

Well, I did it now ! Signed the last (?) of the papers yesterday & I'll be moving this weekend to the new place north of Edmonton, Alberta. (been living in B.C. for the last 15ish years) It is just under 8 acres. Everything is near new, and all for under 100k ! This is the house (trailer, 16 wide in Alberta, can only get 14 wides in B.C.)

This is the house on the left & a 22x72 equipment shed, open on the south side.

This is my bridge & creek I cross to get on the place.

Notice the nice big level yard, that will be filled with pens ! So this weekend (week!) will be spent moving all my junk, a 12-14 hour drive, one way ! This computer will be off line in a couple days. I'm working on a lap top deal, so I'll be able to stay in touch. I'll be working in the B.C. bush, till I get a new job in Alberta. Which will not be a problem. Really looking forward to the move!! Oh ya ! NO NEIGHBORS !! Forgot to mention the insulated 22x26 garage !
Superbird
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 12:18:43 PM »

:D You gotta lot of work ahead of you. Looks like a real neat place. Sometimes you just have to go for it. Remember , IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE- YOU ARE TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM. :lol:  :lol:
birdinwithblue
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 09:16:29 PM »

looks nice Reeves . some times u got to jump in with both feet . i'm looking at 160 acre's right now . it's kind of scarey to think what it's going to cost but i want to start a game preserve . you have to have some ground for that
muttsburg
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 02:15:13 AM »

Good for you Reaves !!

Until 3 yrs ago we were retired, no mortgage, no debt. Then we decided to build our dream house. Thinking it would take 90 to 120 days to sell and close the sale of our house I put it on the market on a Tuesday, it showed on Thursday and Friday, Thursday people bought it on Saturday cash with 45 day possesion.

Our package wasn't even scheduled to be delivered for anouther 60 days. We had woods to clear and improvements to have installed so because of the distance we moved everything out of the house and lived in a tent at the new place for over 3 months (truly, the locals thought we were really homeless). Once the shell was up we moved in, no electric, no water, no inside walls, just the dry shell with loft and basement stairs. Needless to say we don't camp any more  :roll:

It was so very worth it !! I hate working again but I love the feeling of coming home to a place we dearly love. I smile all the way up the driveway. I always remember Mom's old saying:

Your dreams are only limited by your imagination,
Your heart is only limited by your fears.
The secret to a life lived fully,
Is a balance between laughter and tears.

If you only go around life once, might as well do it right  8)
drwink
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 04:45:40 PM »

Looks Like farm country, not a lot of tall trees.
Good luck with the move.
I really enjoyed those pic's of where you were working in BC.

Birddogs, homegrown Tomatoes & the Blues
To me, it dosen't get any better than that

DW Farm & Kennel
Pheasantman
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 07:48:30 PM »

Great place Reeve's!
It looks perfect for pheasants!

I hope to buy 100+ acres someday and have a little hunting preserve just for myself and kids.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 08:23:19 PM »

The awesome thing about this place is that it is surounded by farm land. No one lives near it. So I will not need a lot of land to hunt  :D
Going to miss work sites like this though :
Redhorse
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 08:45:06 PM »

Good luck with the new place! Someday I hope to be buying the farm myself. :D

Shotgun, bird dog, 4X4!!!!!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 12:56:11 AM »

Well, I'm posting this from the new place ! Looks much better this time of year ! The fields are up a foot or more with new growth. Trees leafed out.....
The place is awesome ! Trailer needs some work over the next couple years, but over all I'm happy ! (except I have to work away from home  :( )

I'll try to update the pics ASAP.....
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2004, 07:13:18 PM »

Gotta love this new place ! While building new pens a White Tail Buck ran through the yard next to me ! Later a Doe came to visit & lay down in the shade of a willow & watched us working !
Country Quail Boy FL
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 09:20:42 PM »

Looks like trophy buck country to me....are there any trout in the creek?
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2004, 09:47:33 PM »

No idea what is in it-yet ! Beaver dams it it, so I doubt it has anything of size.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »