Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:43:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  need some help with overdoe hatching eggs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: need some help with overdoe hatching eggs  (Read 2968 times)
wildee
« on: May 17, 2004, 06:42:38 PM »

my last post seemed just should wait today i got a thermostat that measures both temperature and humidity now the eggs are going on day 4 with cracks and a peck hole. the last reply i got to my post was that maybe the humidity was low well now that i know what its at its at 46% jump to 55% every now and then so it been low im going to try and raise it but is it maybe to late ? could the little guys have dried out in the last couple days that they have been in cracked shells?
faro

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 07:41:17 PM »

That is very low humidity. The eggs should have hatched by now. If there is no movement, you can try chipping a very small piece of the shell at the "pip". You should see the beak, and it should be breathing/moving if it is still alive. If it is still alive, put some wet sponges in the bator, and mist the inside(not the egg). This should bring up the humidity, but the egg may already be too dry to hatch. Watch it and see if any progress is made.

It is not a good idea to help a chick hatch. You can end up killing it very easy, if it's not ready. Sometimes a low incubation temp will cause the eggs to hatch late, but once they "pip", they should hatch within 24 hours. But even this can be delayed with low humidity.

On a rare occasion you might help one out, but you have to go about it carefully, gently cracking small pieces of shell away. If you see any blood at all, when you tear the membrane, stop, and put the egg back in the bator, and let it hatch on its own.

Good luck!
quail_lvr98
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 07:23:23 PM »

I have been incubating courtnix eggs and they haven't hatched yet and it is the 20th day. I have but water and sprayed thm , but no luck what should i do?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »