Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  GOOD IDEA FOR THE MONTH......Don't rub fuzzy caterpillars on your neck.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GOOD IDEA FOR THE MONTH......Don't rub fuzzy caterpillars on your neck.  (Read 3686 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: October 25, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »

What's the story behind that one  :laugh:
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 01:26:32 PM »

I saw that a week ago and was wondering the same thing! Come on tell us...or is it one of your embarrasing stories :laugh: :angel:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

:roll:

Well..........I was out mowing some field edges up against the trees about a month ago when it was hotter than a firecracker. This farm tractor has a roll bar on it, so it knocks all kinds of stuff down on me upon occasion. I was used to being ate up with all sorts of bugs and such.  As I was mowing along, I felt something kinda bite/poke/sting me on the back of the neck........I brushed it off and went about my business, had no idea what it was and didn't feel anything with my hand either. I thought it was just a briar or something, I look like I got in a fight with a roll of barbed wire anyway after a good day in the field, thorns in my scalp, etc.!! :grin: Then it immediately happened again, and again, and again, again, spreading all over the entire back of my neck and down one side to my throat. I started to itch profusely and it was very painful.  I kept on mowing as I'm digging away and then caught a glimpse of one of those white fuzzy caterpillars on my shoulder. I must have just been moving him around, rubbing him in..............he really let me have it! :x   I almost had to quit the pain and itch was almost unbearable. I could feel thousands of bumps on my neck and swelling. When I got home to look in the mirror, my wife nor I could hardly believe what that little SOB did!!  :eek:  I was swollen quite a bit the next day and still have bumps yet today from that little rascal. 

Earlier in the summer, I had a green "hairless" caterpillar that was eating the locust tree leaves sting the ^%&^&!! out of me with all four of its stingers....2 on one end and 2 on the other as my arm barely brushed the twig.. :oops: ......alot worse than any bee sting that I ever had, it was the sting that keeps on stinging. Felt as if I was getting stung all over again every 15 minutes for about 2 days before it started letting up.  

.......and there you have it........don't mess with fuzzy caterpillars!!!!!!, or naked ones either!  :wink:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 07:48:47 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 08:19:11 PM »

You are the only one I know that has been "mugged" by a bug  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 08:19:35 PM »

Yea...rubbing anything fuzzy on yourself is prolly not a great idea! :laugh:

We need another "Good Idea For the Month" for this month though. Any suggestions?
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 10:13:23 PM »

You are the only one I know that has been "mugged" by a bug  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yea...rubbing anything fuzzy on yourself is prolly not a great idea! :laugh:

We need another "Good Idea For the Month" for this month though. Any suggestions?

LOL!!    :evil:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »