Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 06:08:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Production and Business
| |-+  Poultry Production
| | |-+  Poultry Identification Help
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poultry Identification Help  (Read 3260 times)
kingwolf
Expert Member

« on: March 08, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »

As for those that have dealt and know about ideal poultry know how they operate, but those of you that don't know this is how they work. In the winter they will send roosters in the boxes to keep the rest of your poultry from getting too cold, which we all really know the only reason they do that is too get rid of their roosters, but anyways i was just wondering if anyone could help me identify what breed of rooster they sent me and also they sent me the wrong kind of pullet also but i didn't notice that until it was too late so i was also wondering what breed they were too. I will attach some pictures also....Thanks for your time!!

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
bkvail

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 05:29:10 PM »

interesting.......... they look like dinner to me, LOL :)

joking aside..........maybe mottled Java roo's?  Maybe red sexlink pullet?  I'm just guessing, don't know for sure! 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 05:32:03 PM by bkvail » Logged

Don't be so open-minded your brains fall out!
kingwolf
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »

to tell you the truth the roosters probably are going to end up in my freezer s020

Chukar Partridge, California Valley Quail, Gambel Quail, Mountain Quail, Chestnut Blue Scale Quail, Snowflake Mexican Speckle, Tennessee Reds, Georgia Giants, Blonde Bobwhites, Dark cross bobwhites and always growing!
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 10:16:48 PM »

Soup , BBQ, Sunday afternoon its a complimentary meal thats the way I see it!   :wink:

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »